Author Topic: Red Chilli - Dorking  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Red Chilli - Dorking
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:59 PM »
Forgot about this new group and meant to post this at xmas when we went there.

Group of about 20 which in fairness probably didn't help but if you can't handle it don't book it I suppose.

For starters we all went for a chefs selection which was a pleasant mix of dishes lots to go round if you didn't like something etc..

My main course, lamb bhuna madras strength, I always go for something like this when I'm not sure how hot the vindaloo is.  This had to be one of the worst curry's I have ever had, the sauce was a plain curry powder tasting gloop, you could not tell the difference between curry's it really was that bad.  The meat was foul, fatty lumps and I found two 1.5" bone shards in it, one of which was still attached to a piece of 'lamb'  :-X

No one really had much good to say about their mains but mine was the worst of the bunch and they agreed to wipe the cost from the bill.

Somehow the 2008 curry club guide gives them an above average score, they must have gone on a quiet night or the restaurant new they were coming!  I won't be relying on reviews from there again  :P

cK

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Red Chilli - Dorking
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I've been there once, a lunchtime I recall.  Standard type grub, O.K. but not outstanding.  Not sure I'd chance it again after what I've read above 'though!

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Just to point out that red chilli in lehman st, whitechapel/aldgate in east london is not owned by the same people. Wouldnt want anyone passing it by, it's class.

Offline slybynight

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 01:20 PM »
First post here, and I find a thread about one of my favorite restaurants!  The Red Chili - THE ONE IN ALDGATE!!  Indeed pure class - love that place!

©2024 Curry Recipes