Author Topic: British Gas, BT and Cr0  (Read 3797 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
British Gas, BT and Cr0
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:14 PM »
You know how British Gas and BT welcome back customers who realise they may have made a big mistake in moving to another utility? Well perhaps we should welcome back ex-Cr0 members who may soon realise, if they haven't already, that they may have been duped. It might also be a bit like the policy in Iraq on whether ex-Baath party members can return to their former positions. Many are allowed, but the worst offenders are banned forever.

Why is cr0 a much better bet than certain other sites? In my opinion, because it's run as a sort of cooperative, very hepfully and generously set up by Stew, who is no more prominent or controlling than any other member. None of us claim to be know-it-alls. We enjoy sharing recipes and ideas and sometimes we hit partial gold. There is a huge wealth and, moreover, DIVERSITY of recipes here, many of which get repeated and deserved rave reviews.

By comparison, the other site(s) tend to be run by some company or individual with a commercial objective, e.g. to sell their spices or books. These sites are not independent. In the worst examples, the vast majority of the recipes come from the owner(s) of the website. As a result there is far less diversity in the recipes and anyone who says they don't like a recipe is likely to be kicked out.

Regards
George

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: British Gas, BT and Cr0
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Why is cr0 a much better bet than certain other sites?

Well put George.

I have wondered why Stew isn't a massive poster on the site. I have a friend who I set up wrestlingfirst.com for and he's the same. For him I think he always looked forward to the time he could sit back and let the forum take care of itself. I do still get the odd panicked phonecall.

Some kid told him he had hacked the forum in 15 minutes and sent a screenshot. Lol, I bet the little b*****d saved the page offline then edited it. I told him to tell the kid to bring it on and he's not been in touch since. Either I called the kids bluff of my mates laptop has been assimilated. ;D

Back to topic though, I totally agree, so long as this forum has nothing to gain commercially, we will always be superior to the other tat available online.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:48 PM by Bobby Bhuna »

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 02:42 PM »
You know how British Gas and BT welcome back customers who realise they may have made a big mistake in moving to another utility? Well perhaps we should welcome back ex-Cr0 members who may soon realise, if they haven't already, that they may have been duped.
No, no, no! ;D
Changing gas suplier, you get the same product, priced differently, with the promise of attractive offers which may be superior to those offered by your existsing supplier. This changes over time and you jump ship again.
Cr0 members who have jumped ship, having had the chance to compare the two, are just plain idiots and quite frankly the forum is better off without them. I registered at the other forum(s) and after realising quickly that it was awful, found Cr0. What a refreshing change I thought! It's like chalk and cheese. Having used both here and the competition (albeit briefly), those who have decided to jump ship were never intended to make a good curry - God saw to that when dishing them out a serious lack of ability to distinguish the good from the bad.
I can also add that I've never used forums before this and usually look down on online chat - but this has changed my opinion to an extent. Don't get me wrong, I still look down on most online chat ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:20 PM by Bobby Bhuna »

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:05 PM »
I would say cr0`s door is always open, if ex members want to return its up to them, but the thing they need to realise, is that we are serious about what we do here and dont have time for fools. IMHO... ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 01:48 AM »
Quote from: george
Well perhaps we should welcome back ex-Cr0 members

I would say cr0`s door is always open, if ex members want to return its up to them

I respect your opinons guys, but my personal opinion is that any (ex)member of cr0 who has:

• willfully taken recipes and/or information from this forum and posted it, or otherwise distributed it, elsewhere, and/or
  • bad-mouthed and/or ridiculed this forum, and/or it's members, and/or it's administration

...is most certainly NOT welcome back here!  Who on earth wants members like that!  ::)

Fortunately, there have been only a very small number of people that have done so.  As far as I'm concerned, these people should stay well away from this forum (but, of course, they don't  ::)).

Anyone else, who hasn't done so, would naturally be welcomed with open arms  8)

PS:  This is my personal view only, not necessarily that of this forum.

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Point taken CA  ;) . We don`t need those sort of members in this forum  >:( .

©2024 Curry Recipes