Author Topic: Is this a TYPICAL welcome from RCR?  (Read 6098 times)

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Is this a TYPICAL welcome from RCR?
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I registered with RCR on 6th March, using my log-in name "smokenspices" (nothing to hide), out of curiosity ... and an obvious interest in cooking curries. :)

Today (Sunday 9th - I hadn't even posted anything), I received my first welcome (personal e-mail) from Curry Cannuck (admin) below:- :-[

Based on some of your biased comments on No.2 site , I really wonder why you are lurking on this site . People pass judgement without the facts and then publicize their skewed opinion - its a pity , because you seem like a most knowledgeable chap when it comes to all aspects of curry prep. - maybe we are on the same side .

CC

My reply here  :-[

As you are obviously still visiting the other site.

1) You may recall this:-
Hey Guys

Please can we drop this subject. I for one am getting sick of seeing "Curry Book" postings appearing almost hourly only to find everyone having a go at each other which really is not helpful.

Can we pleeeeease draw a line under this one today .......... thanks

SnS

2) My only criticism was your rather obscure terms of purchase, which legally you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

3) I don't "lurk". If I wanted to lurk I would have used a different log-in name.

4) I never pass judgement, without first knowing the facts.

5) Yep, knowledgeable due to age and experience - thanks for your concern.

SnS

ps Nice welcome CurryCannuck

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't call this a friendly reception, and with their attendance figures, it looks like they could do with as many new members as they can get (1 less now).

If you do ever read this Curry Cannuck .... as Administrator, I suggest you learn some diplomacy .... or is that "not so" friendly reception standard in Canada?

For the rest of you wonderful cr0 members, if you do have an interest in other points of view and decide to also join RCR (God forbid), please don't use your cr0 log-in name (if you regularly post here) - they will treat you with suspicion (pathetic, I know) and classify you as the "enemy".

No doubt my membership to RCR will now be scuppered.

Stuff em - everything there is to know about BIR curry is here at cr0 anyway .... and .... IT'S FREE!

SnS  ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:32 PM by Curry King »

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a TYPICAL welcome from RCR?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Well said that fellow.  ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 08:03 PM »
pmsl I got exactly the same treatment when I joined up there too..but I got stick on their open forum...all because I said his recipe was crap - which it is ;D (which was posted at this board, funny how they slate this forum but yet can't seem to stay away from it!) ::) apparently freedom of speech on that site stops when it comes to any reasonable negative criticism of their admin or his *cough* "ten years experience". As you may recall, they upped and left because members here had the nerve to press him on exactly what experience he actually had (since it wasn't exactly apparent based solely on the quality of his recipes) :-\

Don't forget CC is a Canadian.....he wouldn't know BIR if it bit his arse off..unless he jaunts over here weekly for a drop of ruby, his opinions on BIR recipes should be ignored..just my humble opinion, of course ;)

Bugger 'em I say ;D This place is far better and as you pointed out, no-one is trying to charge you good money for recipes/techniques which are only as good as the post they appear in because two posts later (after fairly mild criticism) the recipes get changed ::)

?15 for a friggin' e-book? Don't make me larf! especially when one of the authors didn't know what a pathia was or where it originated 2 years ago despite having the now much advertised "Ten Years Experience"TM :P You know what they say about a fool and their money :-X

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Phew ... feel better for that Domi?

;D

Excuse my ignorance but what does pmsl stand for (or shoudn't I ask)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 08:20 PM »
hehe a little, SnS, a little.... ;)

pmsl means peeing meself laughing :) although not in a literal sense - me chair would be sopping :o

Offline SnS

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Useful for putting out those big flames though  - eh?

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 08:25 PM »
ooh no luv! I'm partial to a bit of hot stuff ;)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 02:31 PM »
It's because it's a commercial venture covered up to look like a free and open forum, negative comments are not allowed as it would have a direct effect on potential profits.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I joined RCR before I joined here. Never posted but download a really long recipe for the take away style base sauce, spice mix, garam masala and bhuna.

I've tried the Bhuna and it's great. Also combines all the good solid principles I've learned here. I think it costs money for that recipe now though. I think I will actually knock up the really complicated base sauce to see how it comes out. If it's anything like their Bhuna it should be good.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I think I will actually knock up the really complicated base sauce to see how it comes out. If it's anything like their Bhuna it should be good.

I'm wondering how you find the time to keep making all these different bases not to mention the storage space, wish I could invest more but I'm finding my curry time increasingly short  :(

©2024 Curry Recipes