Poll

As a new member what deters you from posting? (poll started March 08)

Lack of cooking knowledge and fear of being classified a "newbie"
79 (21.4%)
Not sure how to confidently send postings on this forum (see 'How to Post' in this section)
78 (21.1%)
Nothing to say - quite happy reading  opinions from other members
81 (21.9%)
Don't wish to be an active member as I won't be visiting this forum regularly
2 (0.5%)
Would rather remain "in the background" but will visit regularly
92 (24.9%)
None of the above - please post your reasons
38 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Posting messages as a new member?  (Read 94207 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Posting messages as a new member?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I am not familiar with forums and at my age find it difficult (impossible ?) to understand all the jargon !  I wanted to 'introduce' myself, but although your site encourages a new member to do so there seems to be no clear instruction how to do this !! Maybe I'm just beyond it ?
Best regards,
gimproviser

Open the forum section and then click New Topic at the top right, fill in the blanks and hey presto.

Offline rockford

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 03:34 AM »

I would just like to say Hi to all Indian food lovers. My first taste was in Hong Kong at Chung King mansion
 on Jan 1 of 1993 since then I have been hooked it is hard to find good curry in the town i live in. My favorite dish is egg plant biriyani the hotter the better thanks Rob

Offline Gastrognome

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Hello curry comrades, I was looking on line for any authentic recipes so that I could cook a curry other than the one and only in my repotoire. I fell upon this forum, but having looked at it I am very unsure as to where to get a full recipe. I have a good range of spices etc that I use for my chicken curry, including fennel seeds, corriander seeds, cassia bark, black and green cardomons etc. In the town where I live there are a couple of very good asian supermarkets where I purchase my spices, garam flour and the like and I do make my own onion bhajis and samosas but as I have mentioned I am unsure and a little confused as to where on the site to find a recipe for a beef or lamb curry, medium hot to serve 4 bods using my store cupboard stuff. As well as the above mentioned stuff, I have in the cupboard, creamed coconut, cashew nuts, lentils, almonds, pine nuts, tinned tomatoes and fresh, curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric, saffron, medium curry powder, hot curry powder, paprika, cloves garam masala, cumin seeds, fresh ginger and the usual onions etc. Please can anybody give this poor simple soul a recipe that uses some of these ingredients which will stop my husband being bored out of his mind, (he says he loves the curry I do but much as it is very very nice I need to move forward and try something else). I cook in a cast iron wok. Help

Offline Gastrognome

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Morning, me again. I think I have found something on your site. I should have been looking at the authentic recipes not the BIR. I would still welcome any suggestions though. Your site seems to be fun and full of genuine curry lovers who wish to share.

Offline mac22

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11 PM »
hi just quick word to introduce ,love curries but never knew how to make them properly cheers mac22

Offline spin

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm new to all this business of cooking BIR curries. I've have 2 attempts so far using a basic Madras recipe off here and I was really surprised how well it came out. I didn't think it was possible to make restaurant style curries at home. So I was really excited to hear about this forum on Jims Beer Kit where a lot of the memebers are also on here. This forum has a wealth of information and I'm enjoying reading through it all. If not a little daunted.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Welcome Spin, there is alot of info to assimilate, but worth the effort. :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Hi spin welcome to cr0

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! WE ARE CURRY! :D

Sorry Malc , I couldn't resist ;D

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Hi spin welcome to cr0

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! WE ARE CURRY! :D

Sorry Malc , I couldn't resist ;D

'Borg' Off!  ;) :P

:)

Offline goldie1964

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Hi can anyone tell me where i can buy sweet paparika powder please  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes