Author Topic: Recipie Request  (Read 3608 times)

Offline thomashenry

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Recipie Request
« on: May 03, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Hi. Many moons ago, I used to own a Pat Chapman book, 'The Curry Bible'. On the wholre, I thought it was useless, but it had one recipie I liked, for a kind of Pork Vindaloo, involving red wine, and red wine vinegar. I don't know how authentic this was but it tasted fantastic. I can't find the Curry Bible anywhere at the moment, and don't really want to buy it again just for this one recipie.... is there anyone who has it, and would be willing to put it up?

Thanks
Tom

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Recipie Request
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Hi thomashenry,

I have a copy of the New Curry Bible and it has a recipe that has in it Red Wine and Red wine vinegar it is called Traditional Goan Pork Vindaloo. If you think this is the one I will post it up for you when I have a little more time probably later on today.

Cheers thomashenry,

Blondie

Offline thomashenry

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Hi thomashenry,

I have a copy of the New Curry Bible and it has a recipe that has in it Red Wine and Red wine vinegar it is called Traditional Goan Pork Vindaloo. If you think this is the one I will post it up for you when I have a little more time probably later on today.
Blondie

Aha! That is probably the same one, assuming the new curry bible is a re-hash of the original Curry Bible. If you could post it up, tat would be fabulous, thanks.

Incidentially, I looked for The Curry Bible on amazon just now, and people are selling it second hadn for ?50+ !?!? what the hell???

Offline thomashenry

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:12 PM »
Blondie: I just popped into Borders and found The New Curry Bible. It is indeed a re-hash of the original 'Curry Bible'. I copied out the vindaloo recipie, so no need to do it yourself!

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Hi thomashenry,

OK, I won't bother, thanx for letting me know.

You don't rate the recipes in Pat Chapman's Curry Bible in general then, just the Traditional Vindaloo.

Cheers thomashenry,

Blondie

Offline thomashenry

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I don't rate any of the recipies which are meant to be Curry Shop recipies -they are miles off the mark. Some of the 'authentic' ones are better though, and I did like the Goan Vindaloo recipie, even though my Goan friend says it is far from authentic.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Bear in mind this is quite an old book now, the new curry bible is simply a reprint of the earlier curry bible. I must confess I do like this book though, see my review here:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=81.0

©2024 Curry Recipes