Author Topic: Summer Barbi days  (Read 1741 times)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Summer Barbi days
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:47 PM »
This is a good one if we get the weather; an easy recipe came straight out my head

2-3 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 large cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of rice wine
1" piece of fresh ginger
1 fresh chili
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
pinch of salt & pepper

Blend all the above ingredients

Next place 25-30 king prawns on aluminium foil and add all your blended ingredients and cover all the prawns with the marinade fold the foil and a screw it tight around the top, then add the same amount of foil again (double skin).

Marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours and put the aluminium bomb on the barbecue for 15 minutes if you haven't got a barbecue going I guess it will work in a pre heated oven.

The marinade can be mopped up with some bread or pour over something else you might be cooking; everyone found them very tasty give it a whirl you wont be disappointed.

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Barbi days
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58 PM »
This is a good one if we get the weather; an easy recipe came straight out my head

2-3 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 large cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of rice wine
1" piece of fresh ginger
1 fresh chili
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
Juice of half a lime
pinch of salt & pepper

Blend all the above ingredients

Next place 25-30 king prawns on aluminium foil and add all your blended ingredients and cover all the prawns with the marinade fold the foil and a screw it tight around the top, then add the same amount of foil again (double skin).

Marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours and put the aluminium bomb on the barbecue for 15 minutes if you haven't got a barbecue going I guess it will work in a pre heated oven.

The marinade can be mopped up with some bread or pour over something else you might be cooking; everyone found them very tasty give it a whirl you wont be disappointed.

Sorry I forgot the lime.

©2024 Curry Recipes