Author Topic: av 2009 virus  (Read 5298 times)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
av 2009 virus
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:22 PM »
hi guys any of you had this virus running on your computer? my brother in law came round and installed the 2009 McAfee internet security disk and it shows that everything is now clear, yet tried to get on ebay/talktalk- to get emails and it pops up blank page this site may contain addware or spyware, even on the microsoft website when i have been trying to find out how do i get rid of this. yet it does not effect this connection to curry heaven- but then you would have guessed!
i know there are some real computer techs on here so would be eternally grateful

regards
gary

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: av 2009 virus
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Hey Parker,

Download and install this http://www.malwarebytes.org/. Run a quick scan, tell it to remove the infected things when it asks then restart. I removed this from my gfs PC a couple of weeks back.

Offline canicant

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:56 AM »
I don't know if this is relevant but I updated to google chrome browser and every time I come to this site now I get a security warning, I'm assuming this site is running tracker/spyware software of some sort but I'm no computer expert so I might be wrong.

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Just logged in using Chrome with no probs at all. I would use Chrome all the time it seems a great browser except for one thing, you cant use ad block plus on it. If anyone out there knows how to block those annoying ads I'd be gratful if you would let me know.
CoR.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 07:02 PM »
for future prevention try using 2 off packages by PC tools (firewall and threatfire).

gmer is a package which might detect the problem. in most cases if it can't find it then i would backup, format and do a rebuild (less timeconsuming).

Offline lightboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:16 PM »
dont ever install any software by mcaffee or norton ... horrendously bad sh*t ..
use avg free or avast

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:02 PM »
I get the same problem with Chrome but it can be overridden. Chrome is less sympathetic to opening pictures though so I usually revert to IE when I wanna view pics.

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:19 PM »
hi lightboy i had avg free and i still got it. had to wipe the disk clean and reboot the whole system and now i have to find the right sound device as the fujitsu siemens drivers and utilities disk will not run bad file error, so i have no sound at all! and now the threat of the conflicker hits the airwaves on radio 1 today but it was mentioned on sky news last month about the time i had av2009 (there is a reward for the capture of the git who started this! why do they create these i wonder how they would feel to have their lives and livelyhoods trashed by one of these)

regards
gary

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 02:28 PM »
What's 'conflicker'?

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 05:20 PM »
its a worm that sits dormant until you activate it and then reeks havoc on your computer. its called the windows32 conflicker virus/worm put it in your google bar and you should see what i mean.
regards
gary

©2024 Curry Recipes