Author Topic: Chicken Saag - spinach and chicken curry  (Read 36264 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Saag - spinach and chicken curry
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 10:25 AM »
My favourite dish of this type is the one sometimes sold by Morrisons supermarket - chilled food. It's delicious

Here's the item I refer to as one of my all time favourites, made by Noon Products Ltd (market leader) for Morrisons. It's 400g of curry too, and not bulked out with rice, as with many of these chilled food dishes. I also provide a scan of the ingredients in case they are of interest in any attempt to perfect this dish. Best try the Morrisons one first, though, to see if it suits your palate.

"Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow. Please consult your server administrator for more information." I tried. The files were within spec.

UPDATE: here they are via photobucket - less desirable than being hosted here, I would have thought, but at least photobucket hosting usually works:

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Heheheheh, after 6 years on the forum George has finally posted one of his favourite BIR curry recipes...from Morrisons supermarket, no less!  ;D

And he STILL doesn't know how he's supposed to post a photo/attachment..."trusted member" and all..... ::)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:03 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 03:48 PM »
my wife tried one of those when we were on holiday in Portugal 2 years ago. Wished I had my camera with me.......it was flourescent green. and completely tasteless. I could swear it was glowing in the dark ;D

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Heheheheh, after 6 years on the forum George has finally posted one of his favourite BIR curry recipes...from Morrisons supermarket, no less!  ;D

And he STILL doesn't know how he's supposed to post a photo/attachment..."trusted member" and all..... ::)

God CA. It must reaaaallly be burning you up inside.

Let's see, you were forced out of being a moderator. You were forced to air your often manic views on the forum instead of the cowardly way you used to air them, i.e. in PMs and rapidly edited posts (to remove the offensive stuff). Utter coward.

And yet you still keep it going eh?

And now you are contradicting every forum 'rule' that you previously claimed to live by. Utterly pathetic.

You got what you deserved.

Go get some therapy CA, then come back and make a positive contribution to the forum.

Oh, and pick your rattle up on the way out!   ;D

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 04:14 PM »
my wife tried one of those when we were on holiday in Portugal 2 years ago. Wished I had my camera with me.......it was flourescent green. and completely tasteless. I could swear it was glowing in the dark ;D

How did it get out to Portugal? Do Morrisons have supermarkets out there? Are you talking about exactly the same dish? I would't have recommended this product unless I thought it was very good. It's certainly not tasteless. Neither is it a recipe, of course. Nevertheless, I think a list of ingredients for such a product can be useful.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Wished I had my camera with me.......it was flourescent green.

I've had a couple of those in this country, but they were chicken chilli masala. I hate to think just how much of that toxic colouring went into them.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Wished I had my camera with me.......it was flourescent green.

I've had a couple of those in this country, but they were chicken chilli masala. I hate to think just how much of that toxic colouring went into them.

I didn't notice anything like that! I must get another one to (a) enjoy and (b) take a photo. Shame is, they don't always have the Saag Chicken one in stock.

I don't know how it is I've never thought of ordering saag chicken in a BIR. I do like BIR saag aloo, though.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 05:03 PM »
Sorry George I was referring to BIR curries rather than the Morrisons' ones, and I think that's probably what mickdabass was referring to too.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Hi fellas,

Not really a fan of supermarket curries/indian dishes but, looking at the ingredients, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about here from a health point of view.

Not sure what 'paprika extract' is to be honest, but I'm guesing it's some kind of oil extracted from a pepper.  Citric acid, obviously found in citrus fruits, so it seems to be a decent list of ingredients as far as I can see!

Ray :)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Not really a fan of supermarket curries/indian dishes but, looking at the ingredients, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about here from a health point of view.

Really, guys, you should give this specific product- Morrisons Saag Masala - a try. I think it's delicious and, if you disagree, it will prove that some of us are on a different wavelength!

©2024 Curry Recipes