Author Topic: Curry Sauce - From the curry expert software  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Curry Sauce - From the curry expert software
« on: July 11, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Here is the curry sauce from the curry experts software you can download in this forum: -

Really just looking for comments before i try this as its got chicken stock in!

Curry Sauce
2lb/900g Large Onions sliced into thick chunks
1 Large tin Chopped tomatoes (400g)
1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
10 Cloves of garlic, crushed
4 inch piece of root ginger, skin removed</ingredient>
1 Teaspoon curry powder
1 Teaspoon garam massalla
1 Tablespoon Turmeric
Juice of 1 whole lemon
3 Pints chicken stock
1 Teaspoon salt
10 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan with the salt. Add the sliced onions ,garlic and ginger into the pan and bring back to the boil. When it has boiled, reduce the heat to allow the contents to simmer, cover and leave for 30 minutes. Meanwhile mix the curry powder, garam massalla, Turmeric with the lemon juice and tomato puree to create a thick paste (add a little water if necessary). Pour the tinned tomatoes into a food processor and puree for 3 minutes to a smooth sauce. Empty into a container and wash and dry the food processor. When the onions have simmered for 30 minutes drain off the liquid using a sieve into a container for use later. Place the remaining onions, garlic and ginger mixture into a food processor and puree for 2 minutes (You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of the food processor). Wash and dry the pan that the onions were cooked in and put in the oil and bring up to a medium high heat. Once the oil is hot stir fry the thick paste for 1 minute and then add the pureed tomatoes and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the pureed onions and mix the contents well together. Bring back to the boil and then simmer on low for 30 minutes skimming off any froth on the surface every couple of minutes. You can now use the curry sauce immediately or freeze or refrigerate it

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Sauce - From the curry expert software
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Hi Admin,

i've been tempted to try this base several times but after looking at the individual curry recipes I changed my mind on the grounds that they just didn't seem right.  On the other hand all of the right ingredients appear to be in the base.  I would be interested to know how it comes out.

Cheers Admin,

Blondie

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Sauce - From the curry expert software
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:06 AM »
I've not made it
But it does look good
It's low on the spices, but a lot of the latest recipes are!
The trouble is my freezer is full of curry gravy, and this very hot weather is putting me off cooking

©2024 Curry Recipes