Author Topic: Precooked Chicken (HomeStyle)  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Precooked Chicken (HomeStyle)
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:30 PM »
::)
Please don't nail me for this. It is what I've been doing for more than a year now. It works and provides 100% results. i.e. No chewy, dried up chicken that tastes of absolutely nothing.

Again. If anyone sees this 'At another place'. I'd be very interested to know about it. Thank you.

Basically. Chicken does not have a lot going for it.. There is no blood to speak of in its breast or body unlike Beef/Pork/Lamb. You cannot infuse it easily either despite what some say but over a period of time in marination, yes it will. Here is what I do.

Chicken (Any Quantity) Please do not mix dark meat/white meat.

1. Place chicken (WITHOUT SKIN) on a board.
2. Chop to required sizes. (I like to keep these about 2 inches in length).
3. Grind Pepper, a little salt (Not much)
4. Any spices of your choice depending on dish.

Leave to stand and soak.

5. Mix PLAIN yogurt (Enough to coat all pieces) And mix thoroughly.

Marinate for 24 hours in Fridge....

The next day.
6. Heat oven to 325. (You can go higher if you wish?)
7. Place Chicken pieces on parchment paper and place in oven or what we call broiler.
8. YOU HAVE TO WATCH your chicken.

(We are only cooking it through).
Please remember to turn them.

What you should have is hot chicken with residue of fats and milk products spilling. This is fine and looks sort of messy but the end product is well worth it. Pick it up with tongues.

Throw away any residue + plus parchment paper.

Store in an air tight container. DO NOT FREEZE unless the chicken has been immersed in sauces.

I do this for any chicken dish. I will try the soaked onion method too but this really does work and provides very moist chicken.

:P

©2024 Curry Recipes