Author Topic: CA's Chicken Dhansak  (Read 75024 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Dhansak
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 02:46 PM »
I want to see more videos from members, they'd be really useful in seeing where people are going wrong, i think

..but perhaps it would be nice to see where they are going right, too, Chinois?  :-\

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I want to see more videos from members, they'd be really useful in seeing where people are going wrong, i think

..but perhaps it would be nice to see where they are going right, too, Chinois?  :-\
I agree, it is nice and more importantly helpful. Those videos already exist of course. A few members of this site and RCR have provided them and there are a few recorded in restaurants. Mick's youtube videos are well done:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CURRYHOLIC1#p/u/1/Z3b7h2TWp8s

The videos i'm suggesting, troubleshooting-style, dont seem to exist.
As i am satisfied with my results i'd like to try and help others. Videos seem a much easier way to do it than the current text-based method which is long-winded and inappropriate. It is very accessible - most people have access to video recording devices. Do you think it's a good idea?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 12:36 AM »
Yes, it would be nice Chinois, perhaps a topic for a new thread?

Offline makum101

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Im going to give this a try this weekend. One question...

Fresh pineapple and fresh pineapple juice, or will a tin of pineapple chunks and the canned juice from it do?

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23 AM »
Fresh pineapple and fresh pineapple juice, or will a tin of pineapple chunks and the canned juice from it do?

I use tinned, for both, Makum101.

Please post your findings, once you've tried it, I'd be interested to know how you get on  8)

Offline makum101

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Thanks for that.

Will post results this weekend.

Offline makum101

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Cooked this last weekend. Very similar to my local takeaway. Very nice. Will be having this again. Thanks CA  ;)javascript:void(0);

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Glad you liked it Makum  8)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Hi

Just a quick post to say thanks for posting the recipe.

Made this dish the other night and it was lovely (forgot to take photo though  :( ).

Thought I would share my opinion on the dish in case others are put off by having to make the extra Dahl recipe - as I did not do this because it was getting late and one beer leads to another etc ;) so just cooked the correct amount of lentils according to the instructions on their packet.

However, minus the proper Dahl recipe & spiced oil, 1/2 specified sugar, pre-cooked chicken, this recipe is still delicious.

Am intending to try again with the spiced oil next time and will take photo for this site. Will just change one thing at a time otherwise its impossible to differentiate where and improvements / changes are being contributed from.

Thanks again

Offline pforkes

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 06:20 PM »
I've made this (using CA's spicy oil and his curry base) and found it to be amazing.  However, I live in Las Vegas and have never tried a dhansak when I was in England, so I don't know how authentic it was.

If you are going to make the spicy oil, then this advice might be helpful.

the first time I made it, I made just a single quantity.  When I found out how much better it made my curries taste I made 4-times the quantity.  Combined with the 4-times quantities of curry base I make each time, making a curry is almost trivial

©2024 Curry Recipes