Author Topic: King Prawn Tikka Masala and Chicken Tikka Korma  (Read 21855 times)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: King Prawn Tikka Masala and Chicken Tikka Korma
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12 AM »
They look really nice curries Josh, the rice method looks like one to try for me and them naan breads look delicious.

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Thanks again josh, Cheers UB

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 07:50 PM »
Luckily for me I guess I always used the same medium size pot. If I've needed to make more than one bowl of rice, I tend to make two batches, rather than start scaling recipes and run into problems like the one you describe.
Good plan. I've noticed that people are quite keen on using a specific pan or measuring device when it comes to rice. When me preferred pan isnt available it's quite a shock!

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 10:49 AM »
I made the chicken Korma using the Taz base as per Josh's recipe but I dropped the 4 Tbs sugar down to 3 and used Maggies coconut powder. The chicken I marinaded in yoghurt, garlic, ginger, salt and lemon and cooked in a hot oven for about 12 minutes.

The korma produced was excellent and as good as I would expect from a TA or restaurant. Having said that I don't really like kormas but the wife wanted one.

It goes to show how flexible the Taz base is. I'll try to post some photos soon but presentation of meals isn't one of my strong points!

Offline TammieWtn

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 04:20 AM »
I'm one of those strange people who can't (well.., more like won't) make a recipe without seeing a picture of the final product - my my my - this is the reason why!  Your meal looks amazing.  Thanks for sharing!! :o

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 04:47 AM »
Glad you liked it TammieWtn.

We need more "Curry Lovin' Chick"'s!

-- Josh

©2024 Curry Recipes