Author Topic: Ray's Chicken Xacutti  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Ray's Chicken Xacutti
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Posted by Ray Graham and moved to here by CA

Looking at a few recipes on the internet there are a whole heap of spices in it and I must say the taste of the one I had was very intense but if I am critical a bit too hot for me. The sweat was running down my forehead and I felt like I was battling with it rather than enjoying it. Everyone who ate this said how fabulous it was and I think you would not be dissapointed.

To answer your question, I saw this being made but in the restaurant setting they used a powdered Massala instead of individual spices and I have set out below what I saw them do.

Here's a photo of the packet the chef gave me. I can't say I have seen it over here but I haven't researched it yet but my son is back in Goa in two weeks so I will get him to fill his suitcase with a few packs!

Chicken Xacutti

1 Kilo Chicken ( They use thigh meat and some still left on the bone )

4 Onions, sliced ( they use Red ones )

1 Tbsp Ginger Paste

1 Tbsp Garlic Paste

1 mug full dessicated Coconut

2 Tbsps Xacutti Massala

2 Tbsps Veg Oil

1/2 tin Coconut Milk

1/4 bunch fresh Coriander

Method

In a frying pan add the Oil

Roast the Onions for 5 mins until soft

Add the Garlic Paste, Ginger Paste and Coconut and roast for a further 5 mins or so until the Coconut browns a little.

Cool and then blend in a food processor. You may need a splash of water. ( they grind it in a Pestle and Mortar! )

Add the Xacutti Massala, mix well.

In a separate pan fry the Chicken until browned then add the spice mixture plus about half a cup of water and half a tin of Coconut Milk.

Simmer with the lid off to reduce for about 45 mins to 1 hour stirring occasionally.

Sprinkle over about 1/4 bunch of fresh chopped Coriander.

Done!!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Chicken Xacutti
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 01:19 AM »
Posted by SS and moved by CA

Ray thanks for the Xacuti recipe. I think the xacuti masala is a bit of a cop out but I haven't tried it and know that I can get some so will give it a try. As you say the xacuti's a spicy one but that's exactly what I like so we'll see how this one goes. Cheers.

©2024 Curry Recipes