Author Topic: kent curry awards 2009  (Read 2443 times)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
kent curry awards 2009
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:05 AM »
hi guys the above awards were presented at the ceremony at the ashford international hotel for various categories and the Raja of kent in St Michaels, Tenterden won best restaurant in kent. the owner of this restaurant own Mouchak, raja of kent in maidstone(seats 280) and a large restaurant in dartford as well. now i get on with Joy the head waiter at mouchak( incidentally i have to drive past the raja of kent ( which is 3miles away)to get to Mouchak) and the carpark is always full and i have never eaten there! :o)  and always talking with Rupon who is one of three brothers each of them are chefs that all started at Mouchak, and Raj is the eldest and boss man. they are more than happy to answer any questions i have to ask, and i have had demos with them. but as yet i have not had the opportunity to speak with Raj to ask if i could have a proper lessons following all processes from base to precooking and final dishes. as i am probably one of their best customers i will take the chance to ask! see links below checkout the raja menu aswell!

http://www.kentrestaurantawards.co.uk/
http://www.orderonlinenow.co.uk/view_restaurant.php?id=theraja

regards
gary :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:22 AM by parker21 »

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: kent curry awards 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Here's the British curry awards site, Parker...they've not done 2010 awards yet but it's something I like to keep an eye on.

http://www.britishcurryaward.co.uk/Awardswinners2009.html

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:39 PM »
Domi,

Just noticed the Indian Ocean, Ashton-under-Lyne, won the North West region.  I put up a thread called, 'Are we being too harsh on ourselves'  This was instigated by a poor takeaway that I's had delivered from this place.

I'm really not sure what people are looking for in a curry these day's, especially if this place is an award winning restaurant.

The one thing I would say about the Indian Ocean is, it's a good night entertainment!  Maybe that's what people are judging these days, instead of the food :(

Ray

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:54 PM »
hi domi these awards are done as they should be, ie based on the previous years work. i mean how can a restaurant be awarded best of 2010 when the year has only just started! the awards were handed out on 18th jan this year. although how can a restaurant be only the best restaurant and not the best takeaway when they obviously do both? ???
regards
gary ;)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Hi Gary,

how can a restaurant be only the best restaurant and not the best takeaway when they obviously do both?

We have another restaurant near me, The Plaza, who's food is excellent on the premises.  A take away on the other hand, never seems to be as good!  Yes, it's from the same menu and I assume it's been cooked by the same chef? but, it's never as good as when you sit in.

I can only conclude that some food travels better than others?

Ray

©2024 Curry Recipes