Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Bhoona  (Read 25041 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Bhoona
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 12:25 AM »

Is it some elaborate advertising campaign whereby he thinks anyone visiting the north lakes or Cumbria, will seek the place out?

If it is I think he needs to rethink his tactics. Based on this video alone if I hadn't had a curry for a year I wouldn't be tempted to give dial-a-curry a go. I hope that he's just doing a "quickie" to give a general idea, if not, I certainly wouldn't want to try anything from there...I've seen many a CTBhuna made and never seen one yet that just lobs everything into the pan, boils it a few minutes and whacks it in a tray...in fact, I think I'd rather eat the tray ;D

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 04:52 AM »
Once again, it would be useful if there a member in the vicinity of Penrith, which I'm guessing SW somewhere. Would like a review...

But his apron does say "#1 Chef" sometimes...

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Hi Josh,

Once again, it would be useful if there a member in the vicinity of Penrith, which I'm guessing SW somewhere. Would like a review...

Other end of the country,  NW.....Is Cumbria in the North West??

Ray

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Hi Josh,

Other end of the country,  NW.....Is Cumbria in the North West??

Ray

M6 J40, Penrith is at the North end of the Lake District. Directions to Dial-A-Curry, Penrith are HERE.

Regards
CoR
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:58 PM by CurryOnRegardless »

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 07:41 PM »
http://www.accessplace.com/moreinfo.htm

Dial A Curry
Gilwilly Road
Gilwilly Industrial Estate
Penrith
Cumbria
CA11 9BF

Telephone: 01768 899661

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Guess I was thinking of Penzance!

Anyone up in Cumbria feeling like a Dial-a-Curry?

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 04:51 PM »
i must be his no 1 fan by the sound of it.

there are a few more who have booked in so to speak on utube but of course u don't know for sure if they are fans or not.

i'm convinced the place does not look like it does on the video during service.

i'm going to give a good few of his recipes a go when i next make base.

my experience of cumbrians is that they don't take prisoners when it comes to food either so something does not stack up. up till recently there were very few restaurants in cumbria. u normally had to travel to carlisle.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05 PM »
i must be his no 1 fan by the sound of it.

Perhaps I'm his no. 2 fan., then! I found his videos quite late and I've now checked out all the ones I'm interested in. Hats off to the guy for making a possibly greater contribution to our BIR recipes mission than almost anyone else so far. This strikes me as the real deal, although the sad fact is that great curries are out-numbered by about 10 to 1 by mediocre curries these days.  It will be unfortunate if his place is simply mediocre, or worse.

I'm sure he's showing us the methods he uses day-in, day out. It's so good of him.

Then I came to the Bhuna and simply can't understand why onion, pepper, garlic and ginger, which look raw, are not fried a bit before the base sauce goes in. I'd be amazed if that approach produces a tasty dish but I need to try it before saying any more.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 06:40 PM »
George,

it's very clear Dipuraja is doing his very best for us. he is bound to safeguard the BIR commercial needs. hence u have to read between the lines as u've pointed out (what we know as a site).

i started out using the "all in" method and have adopted going fwd for "low" spice dishes CTM etc i suppose those without onion. for the onion dishes i quickly reverted back to the hot method.

the video is not running during service and it's important to focus on this not only on what the video show (which are real good as u say).

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50 PM »
it's very clear Dipuraja is doing his very best for us. he is bound to safeguard the BIR commercial needs. hence u have to read between the lines as u've pointed out (what we know as a site).
i started out using the "all in" method and have adopted going fwd for "low" spice dishes CTM etc i suppose those without onion. for the onion dishes i quickly reverted back to the hot method.
the video is not running during service and it's important to focus on this not only on what the video show (which are real good as u say).

I agree, he seems to be doing us a real favour and strikes me as a very decent chap. Perhaps these are not the ultimate recipes, lined up for a Michelin Star, but I'm confident they take me a huge leap forward. He should be nominated for an OBE or something. Even the mint sauce seems so unhealthy, it must be genuine! I laughed the way he said 'just a bit of sugar' whilst he tipped in a huge amount. I came across another video from 'you know who' trying to entice people over to his site. Even the white arms are a give-way and it all seems so amateur.

©2024 Curry Recipes