Author Topic: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Bhoona  (Read 25039 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Chicken Tikka Bhoona
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 07:12 PM »
George, Jerry and other Dipuraja acolytes,

I'm genuinely amazed that you're giving this guy so much praise. What is it specifically that you think he is teaching us that we haven't seen before?

Or are you praising the fact that he is putting it in video form, in that at least I would agree he deserves some praise?

But other than that his curries, techniques etc. seem perfectly run-of-the-mill to me and nothing to really shout about.

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Hi Guys

If you Google dial a curry you will see that the Penrith one is just one of a chain of these takeaways, theres a least 7 dotted around the country.

I stayed 1 night in Penrith about 6 months ago and it has 3 BIRs in the town centre because I had a BIR meal in one called Chilli Pepper

It was pretty good, so this Dial a Curry would need to be fairly reasonable on quality as it certainly has competition in the town.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59 PM »
George, Jerry and other Dipuraja acolytes,
I'm genuinely amazed that you're giving this guy so much praise. What is it specifically that you think he is teaching us that we haven't seen before?
Or are you praising the fact that he is putting it in video form, in that at least I would agree he deserves some praise?
But other than that his curries, techniques etc. seem perfectly run-of-the-mill to me and nothing to really shout about.

I'm impressed by his preparedness to go through much of his menu, react to requests and demonstrate so much to us. Are there any other videos on youtube or anywhere else, shot in a BIR kitchen, which are as compelling as that one seems to be, to 'reveal all' in terms of BIR recipes. That said, I haven't tried anything yet, so perhaps it's a bit early to be putting him forward for an OBE!

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24 PM »
SS i should try following one of his recipes, i was a sceptic  too until i relented and actually tried his base and spice mix. Fair enough i dont touch any of the pastes he uses and will endevour to use recipes i can find for them instead, but you cant knock it till you've tried it.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57 PM »
SS i should try following one of his recipes...you cant knock it till you've tried it.

Want a bet?  ;D

Seriously though, although I agree with you in principle, I've made enough bases, mix powders, etc. to be able to predict whether the new kid on the block will be a real step forward, and I believe it won't be (for me).

Clearly several others think otherwise though so maybe, just maybe, I'm missing something, so yes I will be making his stuff after I finish with my current lot of base.

My prediction is that for me it will equal low-end takeaway standard, and I'm keen to find out now one way or the other.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 07:31 AM »
Secret Santa,

i love his video because i can fill in the "cuts". if u can't then it won't mean anything to the watcher in terms of learning and improvement.

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Hi Guys

If you Google dial a curry you will see that the Penrith one is just one of a chain of these takeaways, theres a least 7 dotted around the country.

What makes you say they are a chain? Try googling 'Bukhara' and you get half a dozen different BIRs on the first page alone, Cinnamon brings up similar results.
I don't think the Dial-a-Curry that I know has anything to do with Mr Dippy.

Regards
CoR

Offline charlie180

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02 AM »
madras with tomatoes me thinks

©2024 Curry Recipes