Author Topic: Dipuraja's Keema Naan  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Dipuraja's Keema Naan
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:54 AM »

To make first you need a ball of nan dough,small ball of marinated mince,get nan dough in your hand,then place mince in the centre,cover with the dough then roll it out like a (chappatti)then to cook you keema nan,pre-heat your oven at high temp for about 15-20,place your keema nan on a bakeing tray and cook each side for about 3mins each.

Dipuraja's Naan Douch recipes here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4355.0
Dipuraja's keema (sheek kebab) recipe here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4452.0

How to make keema nan

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dipuraja's Keema Naan
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:36 AM »
This has answered the technique part of the Keema Naan for me, good show that man. :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Axe,

Doesn't he make it look so simple? 

I'd be happy giving this one a go but I would leave it in the oven a little longer.  That's my only gripe with his nanns, he doesn't cook them long enough for me.  Maybe he does it this way for the demo purpose, although, he did taste the meat and said that it was cooked?

Ray

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I'm having a Dipuraja weekend so I'll give these a go too. I'm not convinced the lamb could be cooked in 6 mins inside dough but I'll find out.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Chris,

I'm having a Dipuraja weekend so I'll give these a go too. I'm not convinced the lamb could be cooked in 6 mins inside dough but I'll find out.

Don't find out the hard way and give yourself food poisoning mate :(

I know that you will want to do the recipe to spec, but I would dry fry the keema for a couple of minutes first, just to ensure that it cooks through when you bake them off.

Ray

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Hi

The  keema is usually pre cooked, or so it looks at my local, that's why its crumbly and not paste. He does it his way others do it theres, maybe the Naan Bakery is more traditional ? or maybe the marination draws out some moisture, I'll have to ask them.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:39 PM by commis »

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 03:53 PM »
I look forward to your results Chris. I am hoping to give this a proper go but will use my Keema recipe.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Hi Axe

You should use his keema recipe it tastes really authentic. The Naans didn't turn out great but the keema filling was excellent. I also used some of the lamb to make some sheek kebabs in the oven which also tasted very nice. I think in future I'd prefer them BBQ'd though. They were a bit too moist after cooking them wrapped in tin foil. also, 10 mins was no where near enough. I had to give them 25, they were still raw after 10.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Chris,

As I already know how my keema tastes I will take your advice and try his for comparison.

It was an interesting idea to cook the Seekh in foil but I would not have tried it. I either press the mince onto skewers and hang them over a narrow roasting tin then put them in a very hot oven or, cook them like a sausage under the grill. Both produce excellent results.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 08:27 AM »
It was much easier doing them in the oven and as a I was cooking CTM, pilau rice, poppadums, bhajis and keema naans as well the sheek kebabs it was nice to be able to just bung them in and forget about them. The results were very slimy although they tasted great.

©2024 Curry Recipes