Author Topic: chilli plant please  (Read 5914 times)

Offline brum_57

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: chilli plant please
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 11:06 PM »
as an experiment, i planted 8 birds eye chilli seeds straight from the chilli (bought from tesco origin kenya) they took about a month to germinate and are growing like wildfire I should be potting them into larger pots in a couple of weeks or so - why buy seeds when you already have them on hand :)

Kev.

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: chilli plant please
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 02:19 PM »
as an experiment, i planted 8 birds eye chilli seeds straight from the chilli (bought from tesco origin kenya) they took about a month to germinate and are growing like wildfire I should be potting them into larger pots in a couple of weeks or so - why buy seeds when you already have them on hand :)

Kev.

well you can get a lot of intresting kinds, there are 100s of kinds and thats where the intrest for me lies. Also seeds taken from supermarket chillies often have cross polination problems where as the seeds bought are from plants growing in isolation to prevent this. Still if you just want to have a bash at growing some common chillies then its a cheap an easy way that you did.

its realy done for the same way tomato gardeners dont just go use supermarket tomatoes, just cant get the flavours.

i cant wait till i have a habanero to put in my curry and next season im going to have a crack at the worlds hottest chillies.

©2024 Curry Recipes