Author Topic: Razor's Curry Base  (Read 74628 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Razor's Curry Base
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2010, 07:50 PM »
Cheers Razor i also use CA's recipes as well thats an added bonus.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Hey Razor i am crap at this so can you tell me exactly what to do so i can make a chicken madras with rice please ?

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Hi Gazman

Hey Razor i am crap at this so can you tell me exactly what to do so i can make a chicken madras with rice please ?

Is it just the madras recipe you want, or do you want a recipe for pilau rice also?

I'm out for the day today but should be back home for about 3ish, I will PM you then with a recipe for both if you wish?

Ray :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2010, 09:28 AM »
yes rice and madras please

garry

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Hi Garry,

Check you inbox mate.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Just made this base and looks good. The oil/spice/sugar paste was not as thick as yours - it seemed far more oily.

I have not added the 1 litre water at the end as it seems to be the right consistency already. Does this seem okay to you Razor or has something gone wrong somewhere?

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Hi Ramirez,

So sorry for the delayed reply, been doing some building work in my house , so not had internet access.

Just made this base and looks good. The oil/spice/sugar paste was not as thick as yours - it seemed far more oily.

This may be a silly question, but you did add tomatoes didn't you?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I have used different brands of tinned toms and the consistancy does vary a little.

As for the consistancy of the final base, it should be quite runny, bit like soup.  How much base would you say you ended up with in the end and have you cooked anything with it yet?

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2010, 04:23 PM »
It certainly looked and smelled the business. The curries also came out pretty good. I'm gonna give this another bash over the weekend so I'll see how much it yields.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Hi

just made a batch of rays base and i must say it smells great hope it tastes as good, i decided to 1 1/2 times the amount his recipe says and I've ended up with loads of the stuff not portioned it up yet waiting for it to cool down but i reckon I've got at least 15 plastic takeaway tray full. I'll be knocking a curry up with it tomorrow for dinner if i can wait that long its calling me now ;D

Jamie

Offline guitarmanguitar

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Hello Razor,

I am gonna have a go at this base, but as you no, I am not a big garlic fan, & a full bulb does seem a lot, certainly for me anyway.

So would reducing the amount down to say, 5 segments effect the over all finished product?
Or should I just go ahead, & see what I get.

CArl...

©2024 Curry Recipes