Author Topic: 11,859 members - where are they?  (Read 21038 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 11,859 members - where are they?
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 09:24 AM »
I think kicking out people who don't post all the time would be counter productive, lots of people read forums but don't post.

I agree but I don't mean to kick out people who never post - I mean 'members' who never even log on. You must be logged in to have posted, so you're one of the leading contributors, probably in the top 1% of the 11,859.

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10 PM »
If there is a benefit to the forum of reducing the numbers down then I agree people who dont log on anymore should be dumped. If you haven't logged on for 6 months chances are you aren't going to again.

If they do they can sign back up, it doesnt take long. I dont think we would be alienating anyone who would be of value to the forum by doing so.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27 PM »
no posts in past year - expelled
Expulsion's too good for 'em Stephen. Hang 'em I say!  >:(  ;D

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I know some members have dropped off their posting/stopped posting altogether due to poor moderation and condescending replies to pertinent questions, it's a shame that people don't feel comfortable with posting for fear of derision/ridicule, which is why I feel that bantering ought to be allowed as it can draw in posts from newer members who perhaps don't feel experienced enough/knowledgable enough to post on topic. For the large part everyone seems to get on well and there are some good characters but not everyone is as anal about currying as some are lol. Most members want a recipe and nothing more, so there's no need to post really...a bit more of a light-hearted air around the boards may encourage greater participation by the wider masses...plus it makes the board look busier and more welcoming.

Cutting out the "dead members" (ones who haven't posted/logged in for a year) shouldn't harm anything and if there are members with zero posts, I'm sure they'd re-register to gain access to the recipes again though I know on some forums they have a minimum post count rule, i.e. anyone with less than five posts can't see the recipe sections which is never a good thing in my book as all you get then are one word posts lol

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Yeah ;D

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 06:38 PM »
I think you'll find that the net has fewer people on posting to many forums lately. At least thats what I see. I've heard that some companies are blocking people from using certain things too. Made life a load boring however since I have have many different interests.

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:05 PM »
adamski
Do not be intimidated this site was not set up for that purpose all are welcome.

All ideas and views are welcome this is how we have come this far, this is why we learn ;enjoy the forum my friend and never be afraid to ask a question and never feel intimidated just enjoy, there are some good friendly people here.

All the best

Chas (EHC)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 11:54 AM »

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Aye Axe, but Rozzi's got posts ;D ...there's an awful lot of zero posters who haven't logged in for years and they could be wiped at the click of a button...any old members would sign up again anyway if/when they choose to return.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 01:24 PM »
there's an awful lot of zero posters who haven't logged in for years and they could be wiped at the click of a button

For what benefit to the forum Domi?  :-\

I can think of a few current members it might apply to though (and, no, I don't necessarily mean me)  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes