Author Topic: 11,859 members - where are they?  (Read 21257 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 11,859 members - where are they?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I can think of a few current members it might apply to though (and, no, I don't necessarily mean me)  ;)

Fortunately though CA it's not your forum and you're not a moderator, so what you think hardly matters, does it!   ;)

P.S. Nice positive post mate, keep it up!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 01:49 PM »
No, it matters no more or no less than your's SS.

As always, so much to say but so little substance haven't ya?  You must have such ONE BIG JEALOUS CHIP on your shoulder to behave in such a way  ::)

Besides your crap, SS, what do YOU think the benefits are to the forum of "culling" members?

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 02:46 PM »

I can think of a few current members it might apply to though (and, no, I don't necessarily mean me)  ;)

Give it a rest, CA, it's really quite boring now. you're beginning to come across as someone with mental health problems. it's time to move on rather than continue to insult and cause argument only making yourself look like a petty-minded fool.

Culling zero posters wouldn't exactly be beneficial, but it doesn't look good that out of 11,000+ members there are so few posting....and you're going out of your way to get those who DO post to stop...that's not beneficial to the forum at all, is it, Ca??

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22 PM »

Give it a rest, CA, it's really quite boring now. you're beginning to come across as someone with mental health problems. it's time to move on rather than continue to insult and cause argument only making yourself look like a petty-minded fool.

Culling zero posters wouldn't exactly be beneficial, but it doesn't look good that out of 11,000+ members there are so few posting....and you're going out of your way to get those who DO post to stop...that's not beneficial to the forum at all, is it, Ca??

Nice one Domi....and you think I have "mental health problems", am "argumentative" and "insulting" and look like a "petty minded fool"  ::)

Yes, I would prefer some members (three, to be specific) to stop posting..as you say, it is "boring now" after all.... ::)

So, apart from your personal insults, you see absoltely NO benefit to the forum from "culling" members?  Apart from "it doesn't look good"?   :o 

Why even bother to suggest it then?  :-\

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Give it a rest, CA, it's really quite boring now. you're beginning to come across as someone with mental health problems.

I fear you might be right. A pattern can be seen in which threads are developing in a perfectly civilised manner, before CA steps in to cause trouble. Then there's a response, and so on. Perhaps it's best to just ignore CA and not rise to the bait.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Give it a rest, CA, it's really quite boring now. you're beginning to come across as someone with mental health problems.

I fear you might be right. A pattern can be seen in which threads are developing in a perfectly civilised manner, before CA steps in to cause trouble.

The only one who can't see it apparently is CA George! Mental health problems indeed!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Perhaps it's best to just ignore CA and not rise to the bait.

That's fine George (I see that you, Domi and SS are really managing to do that well  ;)) , but since some members are suggesting to "cull" other members, I'd think that you'd feel obliged to look into the "precis" ( ::)) of my "essay" ( ::)) and recognise that you, and others (who are suggesting the "culling" of members), are obliged to suggest:

What benefits it would bring to the forum?]

....apart from "not looking good", of course  ::)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:30 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Mental health problems indeed!

"Indeed", indeed SS  ::)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Perhaps it's best to just ignore CA and not rise to the bait.

The thing is George that we shouldn't have to ignore it. It's the sort of behaviour that normally results in a member being banned. It's only because the mods (are there any?) and Stew don't seem to give a damn and would rather see the forum go to pot!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 05:44 PM »
It's only because the mods (are there any?) and Stew don't seem to give a damn and would rather see the forum go to pot!

Oh, what!   :o  No mods SS? No Stew? :-\

My, oh my, oh my!  What an earth did you really expect then SS!  Your cake AND to eat it!?  Yes, of course you did......  ::)

PS:  so what IS the rationale for culling members then SS?  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes