Author Topic: pete's madras  (Read 2993 times)

Offline peteleton

• Chef
    • View Profile
pete's madras
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Here is the recipe for madras given to me by a bir chef.
This is to be used along side the base recipe i posted

meat of your choosing
1 chef spoon of oil
1 tsp of ginger and garlic paste
1 tbls tom puree
1 tbls of mix powder  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4691.0
1 tsp of hot chilli powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 tsp of aromatic salt  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=4690.0
chopped coriander
2 chefs ladles of curry base

Add the oil then add ginger and garlic paste, tom puree, and spices folowed by meat of choosing. Fry for a few seconds then add salt fenagreek and base cook for a few mins then add coriander.

There really is no order to the way it is cooked as i was told just put it in a pan and cook it for a few mins till hot. So use what u no to cook it and happy eating ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:54 PM by peteleton »

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: pete's madras
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 05:51 PM »
i am going to try this base and madras tomorrow , the key will be a high heat , the bir beneath me where i stay does this , i have watched them cook , they put in the dried fenugreek leaves last , 1 chefs spoon of base for a few mins then the second one will go in  , i think this might be nice , ps pete where r u from if u dont mind me asking ???

Offline Gazza63

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Cheers Pete, sorry to ask maybe dumb questions , but is it 1 table spoon of ginger and 1 tablespoon of garlic or is it this new fashion combined 1 tablespoon of both that you use. 

Offline peteleton

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Its one tablespoon of the combined paste. No don't mind u asking I'm from luton ( i here the boos and hisses already) yeah from what i have seen in my travels high heat does seem like a factor in allot of the cooking and once a chief told me ill have a job recreating these dishes at home on a normal cooker and i can in a way see why.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:21 PM »
pete,

very best wishes to u - love u're posts

i'll certainly give the madras ago (going to have to be week after next though) - there are quite a few differences in what i've tried previously.

is the g/g paste still 50:50 like for the base. not used 1 tbsp before - probably 2 tsp is most i've used.

the aromatic salt is something i've not tried either.

i've just started to get to like methi - i tend to have to hard fry it though.

Offline peteleton

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:59 PM »
well spotted. It is supposed to be 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste i have edited the post to indicate this. never had a problem with methi its always been ok. and yes the paste is the same all the way through 50/50. Ill be giving this a whirl tomorrow so will post pics of the results :D

©2024 Curry Recipes