Author Topic: King Prawns & Scallops in a Garlic, Orange & Chilli Sauce with Salad  (Read 1089 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Haven't made these in a while so thought I would have them last night for dinner.

10 Raw King Prawns
10 Fresh Scallops
1 tsp finely shredded Orange peel
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
40 grams butter (I used Lurpak slightly salted)

In a saucepan add the butter, garlic, orange peel & chilli powder and cook on a low heat for around 2 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Take off the heat and allow to cool.

Put the prawns and scallops in a bowl and add the garlic butter mixture, cover and marinade for about 2 hours in a cool place, not too cold or the butter will solidify again, but you need to keep the prawns and scallops fresh.

In a wok, add the prawns, scallops and butter mixture and cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes or until the prawns and scallops are cooked through.

Transfer to a plate and add salad.

The salad I used was baby spinach leaf, fresh chopped coriander, a third of a red pepper sliced, some thinly sliced onion, green olives chopped in half, about 6 cherry tomatoes, some freshly chopped chives and some cucumber quartered.

I then added some of my homemade ranch dressing on top.

Notice the translucent orangy red colour the kashmiri chilli powder gives in the marinade :)

©2024 Curry Recipes