Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Jal Frezi by Razor  (Read 31155 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Jal Frezi by Razor
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Hey Chewy,

Wow, that first pot made my eyes water ;D

So, how long ago did you obtain these pictures then mate?  I ask because they are still using the food mill.

Just out of interest Chewy, have you ever made your base with chopped onions, and if so, what was your findings?

Ray :)
Hi Ray
Foodmill pic, taken May 2011 near Ashington.  PM'd too me by a fellow cr0 member  :D

Take a look at my 1 hour pressure cooker base video
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5606.0
The end result is still a sweet base but not as sweet as the 3 hour video.

SnS found the onion science here:-
Boil whole: sweet, mild
When small, whole, peeled onions are boiled in water, the onion produces a compound much sweeter than sugar. As with baked whole onions, alliinase's hot flavour doesn't develop.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2491.msg21705#msg21705
cheers Chewy

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Hey Chewy,

Brilliant find.  I knew I'd read about it somewhere before but couldn't for the life of me think where.

I tried the link that SnS provided further down in the thread but it doesn't seem to work.

I will still go with the experiment, just for piece of mind and report them back to the forum.

Cheers matey ;D

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Good find chewy we are getting to the answer now.

bon bon

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 10:10 PM »
At the risk of bringing this thread back on track, I decided to give Ray's Jal Frezi another go tonight.  Not  a curry i eat but want to make sure i dish up something decent for a friend who likes JF.  Gotta say Ray, another blinding recipe.  Thoroughly enjoyed the result when i cooked it on Sat and sampled it.  When in from the pub the house smelled like a BIR and when i got up the next morning :D.  From what i can remember the curry was good too ;D.  So to do it justice i cooked it again tonight and was sober when i ate it.  Lovely dish.  Cooked it exactly to spec but used CA's base tonight (Sat's was done with CT's base) and added some coriander / chilli puree to give it a bit of oomph - which it did  :P.  Here's the pics

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Curryhell,

Personally i love this recipe and yours looks amazing ;D

you cant fault Rays recipes in my opinion  ;D

Try his Rogan Josh, it is full of flavour and i am really impressed with it ;)

Alan ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Curryhell,

Personally i love this recipe and yours looks amazing ;D

you cant fault Rays recipes in my opinion  ;D

Try his Rogan Josh, it is full of flavour and i am really impressed with it ;)

Alan ;D

I'm glad you think my pics did Ray's recipe justice Alan.  Did the Rogan weekend before last (pics posted in appropriate thread) and that was really good.  Must admit it was  a toss up between that on Sat and the Jal Frezi  ::). That's two out of two great successes now from Ray's recipes.  Very impressed indeed and worthy of all the positive feedback received from other CRO members.  Keep em coming Ray ;D ;D ;D.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Many thanks CH and Alan for your kind words :D

CH, that looks a great Jalfrezi my friend and really does the recipe justice, I would happily pay good money if that was presented to me at my fav BIR.

I've been away for a week and I'm itching to get back into the kitchen.  Got a couple of new ideas on the go, so, fingers crossed, I'll have one or two new recipes posted soon but only when I've got them right in my mind.

Thanks again guy's

Offline Yakmandoo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Made this tonight instead of chewys madras (didnt have any MIRCH), all i can say is shllluuurrrrppp!!!! , used Dips base n spice mix, didnt have any onion paste but the taste seemed fine without, i had to add around half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon of salt to suit my taste, my only mistake was using small cherry tomatoes which disappeared during the cooking, ill deffo be having a bash at your onion paste now :D , cheers for the recipe :D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Hi YMD,

Many thanks for giving this a go my friend, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed it.

I've not tried Dips base as of yet (using chewys 3 hr base) and I use my own spice mix.  I wouldn't worry too much about the onion paste either, I don't use it that much these days to be honest ::).

ATB,

©2024 Curry Recipes