Author Topic: What's you're favourite TV show?  (Read 11224 times)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: What's you're favourite TV show?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Have just thought of another favourite show - an oldie this one - George and Mildred.

Oh, come on Stephen, where's your national pride ?  Come clean and admit that "The Tales of Para Handy" is simply unsurpassable ...

** Phil.

Wot?! No Take The High Road? :o sassenach!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Yup Russell Howard is superb, oh and Phil I forgot to mention "The Vital Spark", "City Lights" and "Chewin' the Fat" and I do believe the latter has subtitles when shown in England lol.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 10:05 PM »
and I do believe the latter has subtitles when shown in England lol.

Aye, I do believe I could hae used some of those last night when I was Addressing the Haggis (in my best Lallans' accent) : I could swear our French guest didnae have the slightest idea what I was wittering aboot !

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 10:08 PM »
I doubt if there is even a French equivalent for haggis!

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50 AM »
Haggis IS French, Stephen pmsl.....there's not a damn thing we all associate with "Scotland" that actually originated there :o....Saw it on QI lol :P

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20 AM »
Haggis IS French, Stephen pmsl.....there's not a damn thing we all associate with "Scotland" that actually originated there :o....Saw it on QI lol :P

Furthermore, according to Wikipaedia ("the most cited and least reliable source of information in the world"), "a "haggis bhaji" is another deep fried variant, available in some Indian restaurants in Glasgow."

Hae ye had one, Stephen ?!

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:12 AM »
There's lots of good comedy programmes on just now that I like, e.g.

Have I Got News For You, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Mock the Week, Peep Show, Come Dine With Me, Frankie Boyle, Still Game, Oz and Hugh Raise the Bar

^^* These ;D And QI, Russell Howard's Good News and I've recently finished the US Hell's Kitchen....there seems to be a new series every couple of months lol Can't abide American "comedy" shows....they're absolute crap - though there are some great American comedians out there! ;D

I beg to differ. The US version of the Office - if given time - if way funnier than the UK version. Most people give up after a few episodes of the first series but trust me - bear with it. I've also recently finished The Middle which is very similar to Malcolm in the Middle and just as funny. We have also just started with Modern Family which is also brilliant. Give those Yanks a bit of time, their writers are some of the best in the world. The other plus point is a series lasts 20 - 26 episodes, not 6 like UK comedy series.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Give those Yanks a bit of time, their writers are some of the best in the world.

$n$ people in a room, for small $n$.  One enters, says something allegedly funny, another leaves the room by a different door.  This appears to be the plot for every American sitcom I have ever had the misfortune to experience.  So, with the greatest respect Chris, I too beg to differ  :)

** Phil.

P.S. 20 to 26 episodes ?  I am bored stiff within the first two minutes of one show; long before exposure to 26 I would either have committed suicide or thrown my television at a passing policeman, hoping for a lifetime sentence in a maximum security prison with no possibility of ever watching television again !
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:02 AM by Phil (Chaa006) »

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 11:34 AM »
P.S. 20 to 26 episodes ?  I am bored stiff within the first two minutes of one show; long before exposure to 26 I would either have committed suicide or thrown my television at a passing policeman, hoping for a lifetime sentence in a maximum security prison with no possibility of ever watching television again !

Hi Phil,
You obviously haven't been in a British maximum security prison. There are more TVs than you can poke a stick at. :)
Mick

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 11:38 AM »
You obviously haven't been in a British maximum security prison. There are more TVs than you can poke a stick at. :)
ROTFL : I defer to your greater experience of these matters, Mick  ;D (But how did you get out again, or are they allowing you to post messages to CR0 from inside ?!).

©2024 Curry Recipes