Author Topic: 'Frying' by the seat of my pants!  (Read 13294 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 'Frying' by the seat of my pants!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Axe,

looks delicious. trio of pics says it all too. madness how it works too - you would not eat Top Left or Top Right and bet money they did not produce the finished article.

ps would of worked it out but had automatically read the recipe as single portion - thanks. hopefully we'll pin down the tartiness as some point. i've sorted for now by cutting back the pataks but i guess adding more cream might work just as well - who knows for now (and we don't care when they taste that good).

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45 PM »
you would not eat Top Left or Top Right and bet money they did not produce the finished article.

I know what you mean. I'm very confident that gien the additional reduction and cream that the CTM got, the Top Left 'Korma' sauce, would have made for a really good chicken korma! So much so that I will be doing it again, adding just a little extra almond powder.

Thanks for you comments. :)

PS I knew you would do, i've seen your spreadsheets! ;)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 08:39 PM »

i'm not sure if the yogurt works to well or it's easy to use too much - it's an area i intend to work on (this "tarty" taste that i've experienced - i want to find out what's causing it - so far i've put the blame with pataks but it could be some kind of effect from several ingredients - yogurt being a contender).

i'm now sorted on this as far as the yogurt is concerned - yogurt is king. for CTM marinade i've replaced using "single cream and milk to thin" with yogurt. the single cream is still needed but added at dish frying. i've essentially done a full circle.

i am now 100% sure the tarty is down to pataks (using too much in proportion to everthing else). trouble is use too little and the zing has gone.

©2024 Curry Recipes