• June 20, 2019, 04:57 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: Kris Dhillon Curry Gravy  (Read 17202 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • "Attention-seeking disorder"—disease of childhood
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hoi-An Restaurant
Re: Kris Dhillon Curry Gravy
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 10:33 AM »
I justify my visits to HB on the basis that I am really going to Truro in order to visit Waitrose and the Great Cornish Food Store, and my visit to HB as I am passing is therefore purely co-incidental ...
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message typically varies as the reciprocal of the number of emoticons that it contains..

Offline Secret Santa

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 02:32 PM »
I tried the lassi Phil and very nice it was too. I'd have to drink it with a good, hot curry though because it's too sugary for me on its own. I don't know how you manage to down one every day especially made with the extra-sugary Rubicon Deluxe Mango. With all that sugar and salt you eat, preserving your innards, you'll live to a hundred.
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 03:19 PM »
I tried the lassi Phil and very nice it was too. I'd have to drink it with a good, hot curry though because it's too sugary for me on its own. I don't know how you manage to down one every day especially made with the extra-sugary Rubicon Deluxe Mango. With all that sugar and salt you eat, preserving your innards, you'll live to a hundred.

And don't forget the dripping in which I cook my roast potatoes, the 1/4" thick butter on hot cross buns & teacakes, and most important of all, the two or three 38gm tubes of Smarties I need on a more-or-less daily basis ...

But delighted that you enjoyed the lassi; it really is great, even if a bit sweet for you.  Perhaps add some amchoor to your next batch.

** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message typically varies as the reciprocal of the number of emoticons that it contains..

Offline Secret Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 03:35 PM »
I've still got half a can of mango purée left. Honestly it seems like that bucket that constantly fills itself in the Disney Fantasia cartoon. It never ends. I'm going to use a bit in mint raita for poppadoms and onion bhajis but I don't know what to use the remainder for.
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 04:56 PM »
I've still got half a can of mango purée left [...] but I don't know what to use the remainder for.

Make some more lassi, laddie — ye'll nae regret it !

Offline George

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2019, 09:40 AM »
I've still got half a can of mango purée left... but I don't know what to use the remainder for.

Try a recipe for mango lassi which doesn't use the Rubicon concoction. I don't want to offend Phil but, when I tried it, I thought it was awful, as well as unhealthy.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Did you try Rubicon Original, Rubicon Light, Rubicon (current) or Rubicon DeLuxe ?  For my money, only Rubicon (original, full-sugar, no longer available ) and Rubicon DeLuxe (the new name for original, full-sugar, Rubicon) are good, the others having reduced sugar and (probably) synthetic sweeteners.

P.S. "Unhealthy" in what way ?

** Phil.

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: