Author Topic: Rogan Josh by Razor  (Read 107612 times)

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Rogan Josh by Razor
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Hi Ray

Made this for dinner tonight like you i can't remember what a RJ tastes like but we really enjoyed this version anyway, is definitely a keeper nice thick texture like a bhuna both plates empty which does my head in because the missus usually leaves some that i finish off :P. I did take a couple of pics on my phone but they are not worth putting on poor quality.
Cheers for the recipe

Jamie

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Hey Jamie,

Thanks ever so much for giving it a go and glad you enjoyed it.  Sorry the missus didn't leave you any to finish off, maybe give her a bigger portion next time ha ;D

Ray :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Hi Mr.Mojorism,

Not usually an RJ man either but since I came up with this, I can't stop making it.  I like to add about 4 chillies to mine, sliced lengthways and add them at the final reduction.

Hope you find the time to give it a go mate, and report back on how those brownie points are doing.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Hi Ray

I know what you mean i really wanted another one of these today i had that lovely taste all last night but the missus is making a chilli so iv been over ruled today but im having it tomorrow but like you i'm going to up the chilli a touch would you say your original recipe is mild/medium.

Jamie

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 04:12 PM »
Hi Jamie,

I would desrcribe it as being medium, with Korma/CTM being mild, madras being hot and Vindaloo being very hot.

Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Hi Ray

Had this for dinner again last night can't get enough of it at the moment i will be making chewys base in the next couple of days so will make it with that see if there are any differences, been using your base at the already in the freezer so I'll let you know if how i get on.

Jamie

Online Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Is the chilli/coriander paste simply a few chillies (in the region of 4-5) and a bunch of coriander stalks (3 inches) blended with oil?

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22 AM »
Hi Ram,

Is the chilli/coriander paste simply a few chillies (in the region of 4-5) and a bunch of coriander stalks (3 inches) blended with oil?

Yes, it's exactly that.  Adjust the chilli/coriander to suit but I did about 10 green finger chillis to a good handful of fresh coriander, stalk included.  Blitzed it with enough oil to loosen it up to a pesto consistency.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Glad it's to your liking buddy.  Not much of an advertisement for my own base, but I think you will enjoy it even more with chewy's.

Online Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25 AM »

Yes, it's exactly that.  Adjust the chilli/coriander to suit but I did about 10 green finger chillis to a good handful of fresh coriander, stalk included.  Blitzed it with enough oil to loosen it up to a pesto consistency.

Cheers Ray - probably going to give this a go over the weekend. I'll post back with thoughts and a pic.  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes