Author Topic: ?The BIR style wagon?  (Read 142288 times)

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ?The BIR style wagon?
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Hi
Reference the salt in oil, at first I wondered if it was just a cultural thing. The salt though will lower the smoking point of the oil, not 100% sure that is a good thing as it is then easier to ruin a meal. That though could answer other questions.
Regards

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your replies, I am happy ;D that you all have shown interest into what I have posted.

With regards to the salt, the reason I add it with the oil and cook is because I am purely heating the oil before completing the tarka. Whether I put the salt in first or last, it does not change the taste, it is just the way I prefer to cook at times.

The recipes I have(will) post, is(will be) exactly how I cook in my kitchen in the restaurant and this is exactly how I have taught many chefs over the years.

Thank you,

Abdul

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Hi
Thank you Abdul, it would appear that things are being taken too literal.
Regards

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Thanks for posting just made my 8 spice batch up

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56 PM »
CA  - Amazing, after 3160 posts on your curry journey, you ask such a daft question about Salt. or are you simply Trolling again...

Why do you think it's such a daft question? I read all of CA's questions amd comments (above) before I reached your comment and I was thinking what good, valid points he was making. Do you know the answer with 100% certainty?

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Glad that's all salted out then.

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Abdul,

I made this to spec this evening other than adding 1.5 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder to the 8 spice mix. I like a little heat in my currys ;D

Observations:-

It was the first time i have prepared a curry without any ginger present in either base or the 2nd stage cook!!

I thought the method of cooking was very easy and left little room for error (ie over frying garlic and spices) similiar in some ways to the way Taz does it.

so little oil used :o :o

Conclusion:-

It was a very tasty curry and had the BIR feel about it in both consistency and taste. The pre cooked chicken recipe was very good and made excellent chicken pieces that would compliment any dish.

I am looking forward to future recipes in particular the Ceylon ;) ;D (I have a litre of base left ;D)

Fellow CRO members, you wont go far wrong in following this recipe and gives a good basis to experiment with.

Regards,

Alan ;D

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 10:40 AM »
Also made a curry last night from this was really good thanks best spice mix I've used anyway.

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Thanks very much for the recipes so far Abdul.
I'll be definitely be giving these a try next time I make some base. 8)

Here's hoping you continue to contribute to this great site for a great while to come.

Thanks again
Martin

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Very positive results being reported by CRO members so far.  And prompting some interesting questions as well.  Good to have you on board Abdul.  Long may it continue.  Look forward to having a go at your recipes in the near future once i've completed my other cooking projects ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes