Author Topic: Lamb Rogan Josh  (Read 4865 times)

Offline kevinhoop

• Chef
    • View Profile
Lamb Rogan Josh
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Thiink Ive cracked it,

Can somebody give me a good receipe, as ive tried to bring receipes up for Rogan Josh, but to no avail.Thaaannks Gatha

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Rogan Josh
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Welcome to cr0 Kevin,
try link below ;D

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?board=57.0

You could sub the chicken for lamb if you wish

Failing that, Go to search at top of page type in  Lamb Rogan Josh, down to bottom of page and hit search
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:29 PM by hotstuff09 »

Offline kevinhoop

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:37 PM »
Thank for promt reply.. I have tried a few, but lamd always seems to be tough, any suggestions?

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Thank for pro mt reply.. I have tried a few, but lamb always seems to be tough, any suggestions?

Sorry Kevin, but I shall have to leave that one to the experts on here, We don't eat Lamb, nobody likes it except me ::)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:06 PM »
Hi Kevin
What i do is heat some oil in a saucepan with 2 bay leaves, 1 star anise, 2 inches cassia bark (or cinnemon) half a dozen cracked green cardamums, some salt, 1tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp corriander powder and 1 tsp garam massala.
When everythings sizzling well; add the lamb and keep stirring until the meat is browned off. Then add enough boiling water to just cover the meat, turn the heat right down and simmer for an hour with the lid on. If its still a bit tough (doubtful) leave it to simmer for a bit longer. Its not my recipe - I got it off this site but cant remember where. I think its one of CK's. It has never failed me (yet)

Regards
Mick

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Bet you will soon be making a perfect lamb rogan josh. I always use lamb tikka in mine that has been marinating for at least three days then added to the sauce. Alternately I would go along with Micks method above to produce tender, tasty lamb to add to a sauce.

Bon gosht

Offline kevinhoop

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Thanks guys, will give it a go, and let u know outcome.

Gatha

©2024 Curry Recipes