Author Topic: Another Curry Sauce  (Read 6583 times)

Offline stewpot007

• Chef
    • View Profile
Another Curry Sauce
« on: December 23, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Curry Sauce ? proper from a restaurant

2 Onions
1 can plum tomatoes
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
? teaspoon chilli powder (you could use less)
? teaspoon garlic powder
? teaspoon ginger powder
? teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar

Required:
Cooking pot, the ones with the lids
Wok or large frying pan
Liquidizer

Step 1
Roughly chop onions and fry on a medium/high heat until golden brown, i.e. keep it going for at least 15 minutes?this releases all the sweetness that?s why your curry tastes so good.? Use some oil to fry them in a good glug will do it.
Remember the longer you cook the better the end result and taste.

Step 2
Now mix all the spices, salt and sugar together in a small plastic pot and put to one side.

Step 3 (while the onions are cooking)
Open the can of plum tomatoes (I use tesco 19p ones)? Now liquidize them down.

Step 4
Add the liquidized tomatoes to the cooking pot and heat on a low heat now add the spices in and stir for a bit.

Step 5
Liquidise all the browned onions down, do it for good couple of minutes.

Step 6
Add onion mixture to cooking pot, stir for 60 seconds, replace lid, leave for 40 minutes on lowest heat?make sure the lid is on as it splats everywhere.

(I have been told you can add a half a cup of water as well if you like and chicken and vegetables to add to the taste.? I don?t bother with this though)

Step 7
Transfer to a plastic container or glass bowl with a lid put in fridge and use to make your curries. (You can get away with using this sauce for 4 days)? (2 ladles of sauce = 1 curry)

Please note this recipe makes a small amount of sauce.? I usually use 6 or 7? onions and 2 cans of plum tomatoes and just double all the spices required this makes a good batch and increases the flavour.

©2024 Curry Recipes