Author Topic: Slow Cooked Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches  (Read 16972 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Cooked Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Thinking some more about how this dish could be served, I think it would be stunning as a filling for fajita wraps, with some flash fried sliced green and red peppers and some chunky onions and grated cheese in there too. Will try this next time.

Sorry naga for making you hungry!

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10 AM »
...Sorry naga for making you hungry!

It's OK, NJ, it doesn't take much to get me salivating, but between 976bar and yourself, I'm convinced that I must try this recipe. And I think you're dead right about the fajitas - it'll be a winner, no doubt about it.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the info, I will pay particular attention to the final stages. Thinking on cooking times and temperatures, in my original scenario where I mention Fan 140c that would probably equate to 160c. I guess i'll just have to trial and error this.

Hi NJ, it would work really well in wraps and tacos. Pulled pork generally could be used in lots of different ways.
Pulled pork for me would probably work best in a nice crusty French stick with a caramelised onion sauce and american mustard. From what i've seen from Adam Richmond coleslaw is also a popular choice.

Heres a link to the food network pulled pork recipes and combo's: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipe-collections/pulled-pork/index.html

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for the link Axe, I could definately get into cooking pulled pork as a regular thing and would like to try some recipe variations.

Be careful with temperature when trying to substitute a normal oven for a slow cooker. I think you'll find a slow cooker cooks at a lower temp than you might expect - around 80-90 deg C according to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_cooker

There is a danger that you'll burn the sugar in this recipe if you start cooking at normal oven temperatures. If it was me I would pick up a slow cooker in the January sales - Morphy Richards have two models in their website sale just

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Thanks NJ, I was thinking a similar thing and just like the pressure cooker, I have been considering getting a slow cooker. Given that mostly enjoy long slow cooked meals, I shall be treating my self to an early birthday present :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 01:33 PM »

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Asda have a "Chipotle Paste" 100g - a diddy bottle but very nice on the taste buds. certainly hot & smokey - love the taste

this is the rub that i've used previously:

ml   
dry onion ground   15   
dry garlic ground   15   
sea salt   30   (use 15)
smoked paprika   30   (use 10)
chilli powder   30   (use 5 of crushed red chilli ground)
brown sugar   45   (use 30)
black pepper ground   5   

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:16 PM by JerryM »

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 06:03 PM »
I cooked Pulled Pork the other week at work using a recipe off the internet and did it in the slow cooker. I set it away in the morning for my return the next night shift and the result was lovely. It was served it in crusty bread with coleslaw and I also got some Jack Daniels BBQ sauce to go with it which was really nice. Well worth the effort

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 06:13 PM »
RECIPE POLICE not really :D ;D
Bob 976, You posted this quite a while ago, but I've never understood why you post recipes on here and don't give the originator the credit they deserve,
you may not claim it is your recipe. but it does lead members like JerryM and others, to believe your the originator.

Then there's copyright issues, which may or may not get this site in trouble with
the likes of bettycrocker.com in this instance.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chipotle-pulled-pork-sandwiches/13c8a4ee-73bb-4d2c-ad78-435827e0b366

Anyhoo, hope your doing OK on the big pans at Uni and any of your original bulk recipes will go down well at the moment.

cheers Chewy

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Got the pork
JerryM do you think I could use that instead of  Bobs recipe

©2024 Curry Recipes