Author Topic: So, what are you having for breakfast this morning?  (Read 5946 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
So, what are you having for breakfast this morning?
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:12 AM »
I'm just polishing off the rest of last night's Garlic Chili Chicken Masala :) and black coffee of course!!

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: So, what are you having for breakfast this morning?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54 AM »
I cannot compete with that I'm afraid. I'm having a scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with a steaming hot mug of tea. Yum.

After that, I'll be knocking up some more base.  ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:16 AM »
I've just settled for a mug of hot strong tea and a cigarette :(.  Have substantial remains of my local BIR chicken vidaloo with loads of fresh green chillis, saag aloo and pilau in the fridge.  I'll have that for supper later.  Couldn't keep my eyes open long enough last night to warm it up and eat it  ;D.   Not sure if it was tiredness or the Leffe that caused it ;).  Am currently waiting feedback on a dish i cooked yesterday eve for a friend (i do delivery service for special people only!!!).  Not sure if anybody is familiar with it - Chicken Patalla.  common in Ireland but i've never seen it on any menu over here.  Will post this at some stage when i make it again as i forgot to take pics  was in too much of a hurry to get to the pub ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Not sure if anybody is familiar with it - Chicken Patalla.  common in Ireland but i've never seen it on any menu over here.  Will post this at some stage when i make it again as i forgot to take pics  was in too much of a hurry to get to the pub ;D ;D ;D

Never heard of it myself, but definitely post the recipe when you get a chance - that's if it gets good feedback, of course!  ;)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Not sure if anybody is familiar with it - Chicken Patalla.  common in Ireland but i've never seen it on any menu over here.  Will post this at some stage when i make it again as i forgot to take pics  was in too much of a hurry to get to the pub ;D ;D ;D

Never heard of it myself, but definitely post the recipe when you get a chance - that's if it gets good feedback, of course!  ;)

I am quietly confident that the feedback will be a thumbs up.  I honed my recipe for this dish to satisfy a very fussy and discerning young niece of mine who is now living in Australia.  If you like a curry in a tandoori sauce that isn't sweet, then you'll enjoy this one.  The menu description - Chicken Patala
Spring chicken cooked with mixed herbs, onion and garlic in a special sauce.  My version is as good as the one served in the Eastern Tandoori in Galway city -  according to my niece anyway.  I have cooked it for others who have raved about it too.  But it isn't one for those on a diet ;D ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47 AM »

I am quietly confident that the feedback will be a thumbs up.  I honed my recipe for this dish to satisfy a very fussy and discerning young niece of mine who is now living in Australia.  If you like a curry in a tandoori sauce that isn't sweet, then you'll enjoy this one.  The menu description - Chicken Patala
Spring chicken cooked with mixed herbs, onion and garlic in a special sauce.  My version is as good as the one served in the Eastern Tandoori in Galway city -  according to my niece anyway.  I have cooked it for others who have raved about it too.  But it isn't one for those on a diet ;D ;D
[/quote]

Sounds right up my street, I'm not one for sweet sauces and love garlic and onion. As for the diet? well I can indulge once in a while can't I? :)

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:37 PM »
i've just polished off the following  :P
2 square sausages
2 slices of stornoway black pudding
2 tattie scones
2 fried eggs
2 rashers of smoked bacon
2 buttered rolls
...and a cup of coffee made with full fat milk
was gonna take a picture but my camera doen't do widescreen

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Sounds right up my street, I'm not one for sweet sauces and love garlic and onion. As for the diet? well I can indulge once in a while can't I? :)

This definitely would be classed as indulgence 976  :P.  I will post recipe next time i cook it so that there are accompanying pictures.  That will give you chance to save up your sins for a high cholesterol treat  ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 01:15 PM »
2 square sausages
2 tattie scones
2 fried eggs
2 buttered rolls
A full Scottish then  ;D.  And damn nice it sounds too.  I could eat that myself right now but i'm gonna leave plenty of room for my vindaloo ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 01:16 PM »
2 square sausages
2 tattie scones
2 fried eggs
2 buttered rolls

Sounds like a full Scottish Mr M.  I could certainly polish that off at the moment.  But i'd better leave plenty of room for my vindaloo :P

©2024 Curry Recipes