Author Topic: How to peel a whole head of garlic in less than 10 seconds  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: How to peel a whole head of garlic in less than 10 seconds
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 09:59 AM »
What is the reason for the "?cmpid=fb" parameter, Chris; the following appears to work perfectly well by itself :

http://www.saveur.com/article/video/video-How-to-Peel-a-Head-of-Garlic-in-Less-Than-10-Seconds

** Phil.

Offline Onions and Garlic

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 10:46 AM »
No idea Phil, I was fascinated by the idea so followed the link (on an iPad) and it didn't work for me, so after some googling found and copied the next link which worked for me (again on an iPad maybe the original still works on a PC)

Anyway, the bottom line is that I put 3 cloves of garlic in my smallest saucepan put the lid on, shook it violently about 10 times and bingo! 3 perfectly skinless cloves. So to others posting earlier in the thread, no waste of a whole bulb and shaking a small saucepan 10 times didn't tire my wrist 😉
it was a bit quick though! 😂

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 01:07 PM »
OK, it would seem to be a tracking parameter ("I came from Facebook" [spit]).  As to three cloves v. a whole head, yes, fewer work fine, but I think the original idea was to peel as many cloves as possible at once !

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes