Author Topic: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed  (Read 44682 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 05:09 PM »
I use Julians tomato puree with every dish that calls for it in a recipe, it just adds a little extra something and colour, great idea.
Yet again somebody thinks they know everything about everything, i have had the pleasure of being invited in many an Indian Restaurant kitchen in my local area and to this day i am still very welcome, i dont broadcast it like many on here every time they post something i chose not to say because the comments other people get on here i really dont want the snide comments and i told my blah blah this and blah blah that, it just seems that a few of the people who use this site now can be a little up their own a** sometimes, they really need to ask themselves what if somebody said that about my ideas for recipes or spice mixes.

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Thank you all for your comments  :)

ifindforu - I would like to know why your boss laughed, what does he add into his spice mix? How many years has he been as a chef?

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 06:03 PM »
<snip>... it just seems that a few of the people who use this site now can be a little up their own a** sometimes, they really need to ask themselves what if somebody said that about my ideas for recipes or spice mixes.

The competitiveness which develops on this (and other cooking forums) often bemuses me.  As though people feel a need to be regarded as an expert.  It's quite counter productive actually as it inhibits people from sharing information & experience.  No one knows it all, after all.  Better to present yourself as someone keen to learn, IMHO.  People are more likely to share their experience with you.

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 06:53 PM »
TANDOORI POWDER IN A MIXED POWDER ????????????? I DONT THINK SO SHOWED IT TO MY BOSS,HE LAUGHED

Your comment is so rude and uncalled for, when Abdul has been very helpful at this forum. I'm afraid it's typical of many 'trades' people to trash the work of another professional. Other examples might be electrical work or decorating, where you have a job done by one professional, only to have it rubbished by the next professional who comes along. I don't think it reflects well.

Abdul has revealed to buyers of his book, at least, where his restaurant is located, so we could go along and try his cooking. Have you told us the name and address of the BIR where you work, so we might see if the food you prepare is much cop?
its what is called freedom of speech or is being a critic wrong.I dont think it as rude tandoori powder is usualy for masala dishes and not for a mixed powder for a basic curry

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Thank you all for your comments  :)

ifindforu - I would like to know why your boss laughed, what does he add into his spice mix? How many years has he been as a chef?
He is a bengali chef been one for ten years and says there is no tandoori powder in his mix I am not bengali and the mix i make is the same as his whith no tandoori powder I can only assume you are a pakistani or indian chef which is different cooking

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 07:12 PM »
TANDOORI POWDER IN A MIXED POWDER ????????????? I DONT THINK SO SHOWED IT TO MY BOSS,HE LAUGHED

Your comment is so rude and uncalled for, when Abdul has been very helpful at this forum. I'm afraid it's typical of many 'trades' people to trash the work of another professional. Other examples might be electrical work or decorating, where you have a job done by one professional, only to have it rubbished by the next professional who comes along. I don't think it reflects well.

Abdul has revealed to buyers of his book, at least, where his restaurant is located, so we could go along and try his cooking. Have you told us the name and address of the BIR where you work, so we might see if the food you prepare is much cop?
its what is called freedom of speech or is being a critic wrong.I dont think it as rude tandoori powder is usualy for masala dishes and not for a mixed powder for a basic curry

I think you need to be more diplomatic if you're trying to express freedom of speech as I think it's apparent to most of us you're taking the p!$s :-X

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 07:16 PM »
I use Julians tomato puree with every dish that calls for it in a recipe, it just adds a little extra something and colour, great idea.
Yet again somebody thinks they know everything about everything, i have had the pleasure of being invited in many an Indian Restaurant kitchen in my local area and to this day i am still very welcome, i dont broadcast it like many on here every time they post something i chose not to say because the comments other people get on here i really dont want the snide comments and i told my blah blah this and blah blah that, it just seems that a few of the people who use this site now can be a little up their own a** sometimes, they really need to ask themselves what if somebody said that about my ideas for recipes or spice mixes.
Uncle Frank I have posted many posts on here and im open to any critisism in fact i learn from it.BUT I dont go off crying to all as to gather support as for what i didnt like what somone said about my cooking thats a childs action
one needs to grow up

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 07:40 PM »

I think you need to be more diplomatic if you're trying to express freedom of speech as I think it's apparent to most of us you're taking the p!$s :-X

mmm you use that thought and words not me shows what your thinking is like

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Is that another riddle??

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Is that another riddle??

no just the truth buttttttt here is a riddle for youuuu if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

©2024 Curry Recipes