Author Topic: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed  (Read 44950 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 07:59 PM »
He is a bengali chef been one for ten years and says there is no tandoori powder in his mix I am not bengali and the mix i make is the same as his whith no tandoori powder I can only assume you are a pakistani or indian chef which is different cooking

I'm not criticising your chef's cooking or his preferred spice mix and I'm not surprised he may have scoffed when told another chef uses a different mix. As I said, it's what many professionals do but you should have kept that comment to yourself rather than laying into Abdul. Both your spice mix and Abdul's spice mix appear to have received a promising and favourable reception here. Never say never about tandoori powder or anything else. It's why I don't like lists of 'myths' before everything else is known.

I agree with Whandsy that you should be more diplomatic. I'm often guilty of the same fault, like my recent criticism of Jerry because I saw his approach as being all over the place. You told me off for that, and then you go and do the same or worse.

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 08:13 PM »
He is a bengali chef been one for ten years and says there is no tandoori powder in his mix I am not bengali and the mix i make is the same as his whith no tandoori powder I can only assume you are a pakistani or indian chef which is different cooking

I'm not criticising your chef's cooking or his preferred spice mix and I'm not surprised he may have scoffed when told another chef uses a different mix. As I said, it's what many professionals do but you should have kept that comment to yourself rather than laying into Abdul. Both your spice mix and Abdul's spice mix appear to have received a promising and favourable reception here. Never say never about tandoori powder or anything else. It's why I don't like lists of 'myths' before everything else is known.

I agree with Whandsy that you should be more diplomatic. I'm often guilty of the same fault, like my recent criticism of Jerry because I saw his approach as being all over the place. You told me off for that, and then you go and do the same or worse.

wow man the tandoori powder is esculating a little bit of tandoori powder causes such arguments i cant blieve
what you are saying. If you want to use tandoori powder in your mixed powder then you do so I never told you off about JerryM I JUST SAID LEAVE HIM ALONE  for a little mistake i JUST SPEAK MY OWN MIND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE JUST LIKE YOU GEORGE

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 08:17 PM »
  Apologies ifindforu, I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about!! I could, however, take quite a lot of your kitchen heat, but for the benefit of the forum I would prefer to stay on topic!
Please grow up and continue to contribute meaningfully  :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I use Julians tomato puree with every dish that calls for it in a recipe, it just adds a little extra something and colour, great idea.
Yet again somebody thinks they know everything about everything, i have had the pleasure of being invited in many an Indian Restaurant kitchen in my local area and to this day i am still very welcome, i dont broadcast it like many on here every time they post something i chose not to say because the comments other people get on here i really dont want the snide comments and i told my blah blah this and blah blah that, it just seems that a few of the people who use this site now can be a little up their own a** sometimes, they really need to ask themselves what if somebody said that about my ideas for recipes or spice mixes.
Uncle Frank I have posted many posts on here and im open to any critisism in fact i learn from it.BUT I dont go off crying to all as to gather support as for what i didnt like what somone said about my cooking thats a childs action
one needs to grow up

What you mean crying to all as to gather support from who or what i still dont get why you have posted those comments.

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 08:20 PM »
  >:(Apologies ifindforu, I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about!! I could, however, take quite a lot of your kitchen heat, but for the benefit of the forum I would prefer to stay on topic!
Please grow up and continue to contribute meaningfully  :)
So if you like to stay on topic go to somone elses kitchen

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 08:20 PM »
wow man the tandoori powder is esculating a little bit of tandoori powder causes such arguments

Nothing compared to the garam masala war a while back

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 08:22 PM »
wow man the tandoori powder is esculating a little bit of tandoori powder causes such arguments

fill me in on it man

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 08:28 PM »

;D ;D :-X

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 08:32 PM »

;D ;D :-X
anyway to all you veiwers im off out for a few pints now see you all later xxxxxx 8)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Good call guys
Consider yourself chastised ifindforjerrym oops i mean ifindforu haha  :)

are you starting to make fun about JerryM now I find he is somone who got appreciation probably more than you

©2024 Curry Recipes