Author Topic: Chef's Special Mixed Meat Dopiaza  (Read 26342 times)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chef's Special Mixed Meat Dopiaza
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 07:44 PM »
That looks the business!

Cheers,

Paul

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 07:48 PM »
PaulP, it was.  I've never eaten dupiaza before, let alone a mixed meat anything  :o (other than my first attempt which was a cock up on my part :-\).  I would highly recommend this to anybody to try.  If they're disappointed, then they either didn't do it right ;D or their tastebuds are totally disfunctional ;D ;D

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Curryhell, 976's Bhuna is well worth it very very nice, well worth a go.

Going shopping tomorrow so will be making this dish either tomorrow or Friday.
Got a bit side tracked today so didnt make Mixed Meat Dopiaza but made a Jalfrezi (CA), Dhansak (CA), Nizami (Flavourjunkie), Balti (Abdul) not very impressed with this one, bland and well not very "Balti-y", Masala (Flavourjunkie), Desi Chicken Chettinad (Flavourjunkie) and Madmats Easy Pilau rice mixed with Dipuraja's mushroom fried rice.

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Hi unclefrank

What a mix of curries that is too cook, must have taken you ages?

I have never tried a chettinad or a nizami, are they worth a go??  What type of dish are they?

Regards

Barry

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Changed our curry, darts and drink night to tonight, i have tried these dishes before but i always get other peoples opinion on my food.

Heres the Nizami http://www.cook4one.co.uk/c2/sb/c41nizami.html
I make this for my other half and a few of her friends and they all like it saying its something different but delicious,with the mint giving it a refreshing taste, and just a hint of the rose water and a background taste of the almond and coconut blended with just the right amount of sharpness from the lemon juice.
You have to try these recipes Bamble.

Heres the Chettinad http://www.cook4one.co.uk/c2/sb/c41chettinad.html
Again i make this for my other half and her friends it has a cinnamon background with desiccated coconut being toasted first (in pan), again its something different than just having the same/cook dishes, quite a bit spicy with the extra hot chilli powder in the powder and dish itself and the tomatoes adding that extra bit of Mmmmmm if you know what i mean.
I know the dishes are for one but really i get enough for two people.

I usually cook around 3-6 curries giving an array of different dishes, if i dont eat them i just place in a plastic container and leave in the fridge for when we get visitors about 3-4 days.
The above curries from start to finish was around 1 hour and a half, so really not that bad, taking into account making up a few mix spice powders on the way.

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 04:14 PM »
I have been debating whether to try the stuff on his website for ages.  Think I will knock his base up when I run out and give a couple of his a try.  Whats ur favourite??

Barry

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Curryhell, 976's Bhuna is well worth it very very nice, well worth a go.

Going shopping tomorrow so will be making this dish either tomorrow or Friday.
Got a bit side tracked today so didnt make Mixed Meat Dopiaza but made a Jalfrezi (CA), Dhansak (CA), Nizami (Flavourjunkie), Balti (Abdul) not very impressed with this one, bland and well not very "Balti-y", Masala (Flavourjunkie), Desi Chicken Chettinad (Flavourjunkie) and Madmats Easy Pilau rice mixed with Dipuraja's mushroom fried rice.

I was wondering if there was a party planned given the number of dishes that you cooked :o.  The darts and drinks night explained all though ;D.  Two of the dishes i've never even heard of.  Will have  a look a them two a bit later on.  I'll just settle for 976's bhuna and one of my regular dishes.  I want to try out the mods i've made to Abdul's base and see if there's any noticeable difference.  Let us know how the chef's special goes Uf

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Hi Bamble my favourite from flavourjunkies website is the Balti Tamarind Balti its excellent, a very surprisngly tasty dish but thats not saying i didnt like the rest, put it this way the only one i wasnt very keen on was the Chicken Masala because of the black cardamom pods in the spice mix you use, not to my taste at all but only one out of the 27 dishes i have made.
Whenever i make curries my next door neighbours always knock on the door asking if i am making a cuury anytime today knowing forwell that they can smell it, but i dont mind the more opinions the better i say.

Cooked quite a few dishes from Abdul's book and recipes he's posted on here but his Chicken/Lamb Balti just wasnt very good, might have been me but i will make  it again i might add 2 tbsp of the balti paste instead of 1 tbsp, it might have been the onions i was using they were off my other half's Uncle, didnt really have a lot of taste when fried.

Hopefully will be making the Mixed Meat Dopiaza Saturday now so i can marinade the meat tonight before we go out on the town.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Hi All
I used to get a chef's special curry from a place called sultans in hartlepool.  I have been working on a good dopiaza recipe which I love.  The addition of the spiced onions for those who like them adds a little something special I think.

Bamble you're a star ::).  Last night's meal out was unknowingly to provide the last piece of the jigsaw for my favourite dish.  I remember reading several posts, some recent and some old, that said all the info you could ever want is already on the site.  Then your post came to mind - and there was the answer i'd been looking for.  Off to the kitchen now and i'm sure i'm gonna have a eureka moment a little later on :D :D.  Forgive the ramblings of a curryholic.  I will explain all a little later ;D

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 07:23 PM »
I am intrigued now.  Either you have something up your sleeve or you have been on the pop ;D

Regards

Barry

©2024 Curry Recipes