Author Topic: IG bhajis and dips mint sauce  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
IG bhajis and dips mint sauce
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Hi all
Having just figured out how to upload photo's I thought I'd share with you a photo of some bhaji's and mint sauce I made the other night. They were fantastic!!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: IG bhajis and dips mint sauce
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49 PM »
You sure you didn't have the local TA drop them off ;D ;D.  They certainly look the real deal and that mint sauce looks as though it's from my local :o.  Great stuff Whandsy.  I really must get round to trying some other onion bhaji recipes.  Currently everybody at work raves over mine which really doesn't do much to encourage me :-\  But maybe i can get even better results using a different method and alternative spicing.  I'll put it on the "to do" list,  there's a few curries ahead it though ::) ::)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Cheers curryhell, the office girls at work have lined me up to make them a batch as well off the back of this picture, I'm not worried though as they did taste as good as they looked!!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:19 PM »
great pic Whandsy!

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Thanks Stephen  ;)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:24 PM »
IG is the best bhaji thread to learn how to cook bhajis properly. Once you have mastered the technique you can add is whatever you like to make them unique to your taste. I spent 2 years trying to master them, then in 1 thread - mystery solved.

Whatever happened to Axe? That guy was a top person to have on the forum and gave a lot more answers than he asked questions.

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Hi chriwg

I agree, it was a good thread. Any newbies that are interested in making this sort of thing I feel should also watch chef's on youtube. Some of them may not give you the ingredient lists but you can determine the textures, shapes and cooking techniques etc (same applies for the curries). These are the 1st Bhajis I've made but felt pretty confident on what the results were gonna be like. I used star anise ground in a pestle and mortar for the aniseed instead of fennel seeds.

Wayne

©2024 Curry Recipes