Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 6344 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Youtube
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Ok chaps, as some of you may be aware, I'm not the most IT savvy. My problem is this; I am trying to create a Youtube account but after going through all of the registration it is coming back saying "there is an account already associated to this email address, have you forgotten your password?"

Now I know that my son has an account but surely I must be able to creat my own account using the same email address?

Anybody help?

Ray :)

Offline rockyholland

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Ok chaps, as some of you may be aware, I'm not the most IT savvy. My problem is this; I am trying to create a Youtube account but after going through all of the registration it is coming back saying "there is an account already associated to this email address, have you forgotten your password?"

Now I know that my son has an account but surely I must be able to creat my own account using the same email address?

Anybody help?

I may be wrong but as far as I'm aware Youtube does not allow multiple accounts with the same email.

Many sites work in the same way.

Seems like yet another email / password is required.

Pete

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Hi Pete,

Bloody hell, I thought that might be it but was hoping I'd just missed something.  Trouble is, one of my sons is using my other 'live' email address so I'm goosed, unless I create yet another email addy then?

Many thanks for the help anyway mate, much appreciated.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Hi Ray,

Create another email account via one of the free ones online: hotmail, google mail to name but a few, then set its pop setting to send emails to your outlook on your PC (if you use outlook), however using webmail is far safer as the email & its content isn't downloaded on your machine  ;)

Hope this helps mate.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Hi Darth,

Great minds and all that....just set up a gmail account but I'll take your advice and not link it to my outlook account.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Hi Darth,

Great minds and all that....just set up a gmail account but I'll take your advice and not link it to my outlook account.

:)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:16 AM »
I would recommend something slightly different. Do create a Gmail account (they are free, and space is not an issue) but rather than accessing it using the web interface, access it remotely using IMAP.  I have been using Gmail like this ever since its inception, and it is a far more satisfactory way of using it than the web interface; you can then configure Outlook as your IMAP client (although I would personally choose Seamonkey) and keep your two accounts completely separate yet access them through the same interface that you already know and understand.

** Phil.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Okaaaaaay,

1st question; What's an IMAP, is that like an IPAD but with maps on it?

2nd question; What's a seamonkey, and do they still swing through trees?

3rd and final question; What's an interface, is that where a Yorkshire shoves his meat pies?

Phil, dya think I should just stick with what I know? :o :o ::) ;D

Ray ;D

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:32 AM »
I would recommend something slightly different. Do create a Gmail account (they are free, and space is not an issue) but rather than accessing it using the web interface, access it remotely using IMAP.  I have been using Gmail like this ever since its inception, and it is a far more satisfactory way of using it than the web interface; you can then configure Outlook as your IMAP client (although I would personally choose Seamonkey) and keep your two accounts completely separate yet access them through the same interface that you already know and understand.

** Phil.

Email on your machine is susceptible to being read & intercepted by third parties.

If you wish to have a very free safe browsing solution set up a virtual PC on your machine & browse via this, any attack will infect the virtual PC operating system not your actual PCs O S & therefore any embedded nasty software will have no effect on your physical device, delete the virtual machine & install another, a bit long winded but is a really good free way to add an extra line of defence.  :)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Okaaaaaay,

1st question; What's an IMAP, is that like an IPAD but with maps on it?  ;D ;D

2nd question; What's a seamonkey, and do they still swing through trees?  ;D ;D

3rd and final question; What's an interface, is that where a Yorkshire shoves his meat pies?  ;D ;D

Phil, dya think I should just stick with what I know? :o :o ::) ;D

Ray ;D

Stick with what you know Ray, it is then easier for you to deal with, lol love ya post you silly begger  ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes