Author Topic: The Madras 100% Clone (of my local BIR)  (Read 209641 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Madras 100% Clone (of my local BIR)
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Yep. This is the best base on cr0

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2011, 09:56 AM »
I've lost track : which is the best base on Cr0 ?
** Phil.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Whenever i make this recipe, i dont add the pre-cooked chicken, i cook the finished recipe for around 1 hour on a low heat (and not 10 minutes as stated in the recipe) to get that "brown stuff" on the inside of the pan then scrape that back in and do this for about 1 hour.
Then when i make a Madras for 4 people i add a ladle at a time with the heat on high wait for that to sizzle then turn down heat to medium, then add another ladle, once this starts to bubble turn down heat again to low, dont forget to keep scraping that "brown stuff" back into the sauce then add raw/pre-cooked chicken serve when cooked through (about 15 minutes).
Quite taken back by your comment gazman this recipe is very close to a BIR,your probably not cooking it right  ;D

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2011, 11:24 AM »
I've lost track : which is the best base on Cr0 ?
** Phil.
Sorry Phil if you read the very first article: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=674.0 Stage 1 the Gravy - This is the base sauce i refer to.
Quite unusual in the fact that there is no tomato of tomato puree used, and loads of garam massala instead of spice mix but it just does it for me.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2011, 11:34 AM »
and with 27000 or so views, it must do it for a few others as well. Its a pity that one of the "Old Masters" like Darthphall doesnt post here any more. mind you nor do any of the other older members: CA,UB,SS, Bobby Bhuna, Joshallen Jerry M.

Such a shame :(

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Sorry Phil if you read the very first article: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=674.0 Stage 1 the Gravy - This is the base sauce i refer to.  Quite unusual in the fact that there is no tomato of tomato puree used, and loads of garam massala instead of spice mix but it just does it for me. 
Ah, thank you : with 29 pages to work through, starting at your recommendation and then working backwards, it is little surprise I didn't find it before you added the new link !

** Phil.

P.S. Jerry M is still around (06 June 2011, 09:30:34), as was Uncle Buck earlier this year (21 March 2011) -- I agree it is a shame that some of the older (as in longer-standing) members are no longer as active as they once were, but I also believe that this is in the natural order of things, and that it is compensated for by the fact that we continually gain new members.  A bit like life, really !

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47 PM »
Never had the pleasure of interacting with Darthphall but have read many of his posts and really enjoyed them.  I think all of the guy's mentioned helped get this forum to where it is today! Maybe they feel that they have gone as far as they can?

Can you imagine what it must have been like in the early day's of cr0?  The secrets being revealed, things that we take for granted now, meaning so much more back then!

I'd just like to thank them all, for all their hard work.

Ray :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I'd just like to thank them all, for all their hard work.

Ray :)
Hear hear.
** Phil.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Yes I think you're both right. We all owe them a massive thank you. Without whom we would all be doomed to making crap curries

THANK YOU

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Im Still Watching

;)

©2024 Curry Recipes