Author Topic: Pillau Rice & Chicken Korma  (Read 6719 times)

Offline extrahotchillie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Pillau Rice & Chicken Korma
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Hi Peeps
Todays effort, Pillau Rice & Chicken Korma, made with the new base.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Pillau Rice & Chicken Korma
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Looks bloody marvelous !  ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Your photos reminded me it's been too long since I had a take-away chicken korma and pilau rice, so I went and bought one last night. Here it is. But the korma wasn't as good as the one I made from Ghanna's recipe on this web site! And the pilau rice wasn't as good as Darth's recipe, either!

Regards
George

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Hi Extrahotchillie,  Could you point me in the right direction for the ghanna's korma recipe that you say was good and what base did you use with it?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 07:07 PM »
Hi Extrahotchillie,  Could you point me in the right direction for the ghanna's korma recipe that you say was good and what base did you use with it?

CQ

I assume you mean me, rather than extrahot chilli. It was me that mentioned Ghanna's excellent chicken korma recipe, which can be found at:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=232.0

This recipe is so good it's a pity it's been denied a place in the hall of fame, the index of recipes. Ghanna, if you ever read this - come back soon, you're sorely missed!

I used it in conjunction with MarkJ's excellent 30-onion base sauce, to which I attribute a fair proportion of the final credit for the great overall outcome which I reported for the chicken korma which I prepared.

Regards
George

« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:49 PM by George »

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Added, and I have to say Ghanna is greatly missed on this forum

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 09:53 PM »
Just addded it to the list, theres probably other top recipes buried within the chat that have been overlooked send me a pm to add it if you find one.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 11:43 PM »
CK

Many thanks.

Regards
George

Offline jimmyja

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Hi,

I have tried 3 recipes for korma now and still can?t nail it as a take away. The 1st I tried was the Kris Dhillon method and it was ok.

The 2nd I tried was the one on this forum with sweetened condensed milk but added spices from Dhillons book and the cinnamon and this tasted much better, I also added a golf ball size piece of cream coconut. Really it was very nice, but still not the same as a take away.

Last night I tried Ghana?s method but again added the spices as in Dhillons method. None have worked. But did not add any cream.

George, you seem to be the one who has the best result, could you advise of the exact base and links and how exactly you achieved the korma you got.? I.e. method quantities, I really would like to crack this one, I do really like spicy food but I just want to create this for the mrs....

I also added crushed cashews and 1 tsp of ground almonds to each of the above currys. I did try a separate curry with descicated coconut but it seemed to bitty? Maybe coconut powder?

I would greatly appreciate your help!

Kind regards,

James
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:14 PM by jimmyja »

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 04:55 PM »
I use coconut powder to achieve a creamier texture...works well...tastes great .

CC

©2024 Curry Recipes