Author Topic: Here's mine  (Read 2992 times)

Offline nige52

• Chef
    • View Profile
Here's mine
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:22 PM »
This is one I made the other night after joining this forum, its a chicken madras, balti style. Whenever we have roast chicken for Sunday dinner, we only ever eat the breasts, so I salvage all the other meat including a little roast skin and add it to a fresh curry.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Here's mine
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Looks good Nige, what base\gravy and curry recipe did you use for this?

Cheers
cK

Offline nige52

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Here's mine
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Well,
This one was one of my quick off the cuff type curries that has no fixed recipe or base sauce, also I'm not too clever on exact proportions, but here's how I made it.

Into my favourite frying pan went a good splash of veggie oil, I suppose about 3 or 4 Tbls
Next in went 1 heaped Tbls of both minced Garlic and Ginger from jars, this I fried gently for 5 minutes or so.
Next in went the powdered spices, tsp each of haldi, (Turmeric) coriander, hot chilli and cumin, half a tsp of salt and half a tsp of brown sugar plus 1 good squirt of concentrated tomato puree from a tube, about 2 good Tbls I suppose. These I gently fried for a couple of minutes.
Next in went 1 finely chopped onion (Medium sized) I generally stand over it now with a beer in one hand and a mug of water in the other. As the mix is very gently frying, I add water a little at a time to stop it burning, this takes 10 - 15 minutes.
Out comes the blender. Tip the lot in after it's cooled a little, a really good whizz (I don't like lumps) and return it to the frying pan. I then added 5 green cardanoms which I split with my nail, 1 star anise (Because I like aniseed) and a heaped Tbls of Nazirs curry paste (It matters not which brand, Nazirs, Pataks etc) This lot is then very gently fried with a cover or lid on to stop it glooping adding a little water as and when for about 30 mins. I then added the already cooked chicken and photo'd it!
I cooked it for another 5 mins or so and then eat half of it with freshly cooked Basmati and garlic toast to finish off.

This curry tastes twice as good the next day, it matures very well. If after posting this I remember something I missed, I'll edit the post  ;D
Nige

©2024 Curry Recipes