Author Topic: Pictures Of My Thai Style Curries  (Read 2880 times)

Offline CashNCurry

• Chef
  • Curry in a hurry.....
    • View Profile
Pictures Of My Thai Style Curries
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I thought I'd post my pictures of two Thai Curries, but done in Malaysian type style. They have more of an Indian texture, but with Oriental flavour. I have been working on the recipes for about 2 years. And I'm very happy with the results.

Picture 1,2 & 5 are of the Green Curry - Cooked in traditional style with fresh Galangal, Nam Pla, Bamboo shoot, Green Thai paste, Green Pepper, Lime leaves, Shallots, Green Chillies, Sweet Basil , Garlic, and spices, but I have added my own sauce to give it the consistency that I prefer. I don't like it runny! These were eaten shortly afterwards. I normally add my sauce when I freeze - see note below*

Picture 4 & 6 are of the Red Curry - Cooked in traditional style with fresh Galangal, Nam Pla, Red Thai paste, Lime leaves, Red Pepper & Tomato puree, Shallots, Green & Red Chillies, Sweet Basil and spices, but I have added my own sauce to give it the consistency that I prefer. I don't like it runny! Actually *I have added a lot more sauce here because when you microwave you lose it a bit, so I generally add more before I freeze.

Picture 5 is my own sauce prepared beforehand that I use to thicken all of my Malaysian and Thai dishes as I cook them. I really do not like the soup like consistency you get when you normally cook Green & Red curries.

Both dishes have very different flavours, but are hot and spicy.

I hope you like them........I will post my Indian pictures soon!

BTW: Can you someone tell me where I can upload "GIF" files for free? Thanks!

CashNCurry

img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc83&image=50df7_Thai.JPG

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures Of My Thai Style Curries
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Hi Cash and Curry,

Great photo's. The Red Curry's look fantastic. can you give us an idea of the recipes and techniques.
Do you have a means to make JPeg files as these can simply be uploaded through the Cr0 website.
Although as George recently showed me they may need to be reduced in size first to fit the screen.

Regards

Ray

©2024 Curry Recipes