Author Topic: IFINDFORU THE SECRET MIX POWDER EXPOSED  (Read 72743 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: IFINDFORU THE SECRET MIX POWDER EXPOSED
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2012, 12:12 PM »
Hi All
I have just tried to track down a supplier of Jalpur garam masala, the only place i can find is Jalpur millers online and the cost of pp from leicester is ?7.50p, as the goods only cost ?3.50. i think its a rip off!!, any one have any other links to a cheaper supplier/shop?
thanks
Andy Mac

The only thing I can suggest Andy, Is for you to PM Terry (ifindforu) He may be able to help you out.
Or you could just use Rajah Garam Masala, which is the one Abdul recommends, Just a thought

Les

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2012, 12:14 PM »
I have just tried to track down a supplier of Jalpur garam masala

I tried to find Jalpur Garam Masala down Brick Lane (London) yesterday. It was the main reason I went there, to call at two large supermarkets. Neither place had heard of it. I'm not saying it's no good but, if "every BIR in the UK uses Jalpur" how come they'd never heard of it?

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 12:20 PM »
I tried to find Jalpur Garam Masala down Brick Lane (London) yesterday. It was the main reason I went there, to call at two large supermarkets. Neither place had heard of it. I'm not saying it's no good but, if "every BIR in the UK uses Jalpur" how come they'd never heard of it?

some members are jumped on or ignored for posting questions such as this one George...but the question remains either way

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24 PM »

Nothing in the Somerset Region either,
Maybe it a Welsh thing ;)

Les

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25 PM »
i looked for this jalpur brand too recently. none of the larger places had it or had heard of it.
i did manage to find a few boxes in some smaller shops in blackburn,(achari masala and some others, i forget which)  no garam masala though and the ones that were on the shelf were dusty and out of date! ::)

i bought some natco gm to try :-\ 
revolting flavour if you ask me, its going straight in the bin ;)

Frank ;)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 01:25 PM »
ive managed to google it from Thailand here;

http://www.web-cell.co.uk/pandb4/page_24.htm

P & B Foods Ltd, Bhagat Building, Planetrees Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 8AE, United Kingdom.

T. int + 44 1274 660118 | F. int + 44 1274 668844 | E. info@pbfoods.co.uk

and yes it is listed - ive never heard of it and there is absolutely no way im gonna git it here!!
best, Rich

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2012, 03:40 PM »
It's

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2012, 05:13 PM »

Nothing in the Somerset Region either,
Maybe it a Welsh thing ;)

Les
no not a welsh thing but the BIR T/A buy any garam masala and know what to add to make a similar smell and taste like jalpur i dont know how to make that mix,but jalpur is exactly the same smell and taste so that makes getting a BIR T/A taste easy er

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I got my garam masala today,it's very fragant indeed-I can certainly detect cloves in there somewhere.There's no comparison to my rather bland Rajah garam masala.I remember when I had my take-away lesson the Manager was keen to show me(and let me smell) their own home made garam masala.I'm sure that amongst the vast array of Patak's pastes this is one of the things a lot of places actually do make from scratch.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Does anyone know if the ingredients are listed on the pack of the Japlur Garam Masala? I'm tempted to have a go at roasting some whole garam masla spices and grinding them to see what I can come up with.I brought a packet of this ages ago,I wonder how it would compare??

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Indian-Food-TRS-Garam-Masala-Whole.html#aISW012_2dp

©2024 Curry Recipes