Author Topic: Cooking Lessons with Az  (Read 164718 times)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking Lessons with Az
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 11:26 AM »
We are all ready to rumble tomorrow at 11am. I've just been having a chat with Az to talk about everything we are going to try and cover.

He is going to put some whole spices in to roast this evening so we can grind our own garam massala and make up the mix powder. We'll also be marinading and tandoor cooking the chicken tikka, making base sauce, making massala paste, then making whatever dishes we want for our lunch - including Saag Bhaji :) He also suggested we precook some potato first thing so it is ready in time to make bombay aloo or add it into a vindaloo!

It's going to be a fab day, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that didn't come to the BBQ!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 11:42 AM »
We are all ready to rumble tomorrow at 11am. I've just been having a chat with Az to talk about everything we are going to try and cover.

He is going to put some whole spices in to roast this evening so we can grind our own garam massala and make up the mix powder. We'll also be marinading and tandoor cooking the chicken tikka, making base sauce, making massala paste, then making whatever dishes we want for our lunch - including Saag Bhaji :) He also suggested we precook some potato first thing so it is ready in time to make bombay aloo or add it into a vindaloo!

It's going to be a fab day, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that didn't come to the BBQ!
It sure is.  It will be great to finally meet others with such a passion for curry and put faces to names :)
It's going to be like kids in a sweet shop ;D ;D :P ::)....................and my quest for saag bhaji will be over at last :-*.  Thanks for all your efforts in making this happen Chris.  I'm sure we are all going to have a day to remember 8)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 11:53 AM »

A very big thankyou for organizing this,a landmark event for the forum I think.Time to sort out the Satnav while I demolish the remains of last night's North Indian Special!!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56 AM »
A very big thankyou for organizing this,a landmark event for the forum I think.Time to sort out the Satnav while I demolish the remains of last night's North Indian Special!!
I'm going green with envy jb  >:(.  NIS remains for lunch  :P.  Maybe i'll just make it for tea instead ;)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Does Az know there's a whole forum waiting patiently but salivating at the prospect of you guys posting results. (at least I hope you post them, I'm well keen!!)

Enjoy chaps!! :'(

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 12:24 PM »
I wish you all the best guys!

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Good effort lads enjoy your day

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Good luck lads, I wish you all a very fruitful day ;D

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Just about to set off, ;D,I think it's going to be a great day out!!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2012, 10:25 AM »
wishing all a fantastic day - can't pretend i'm not jealous.

chriswg has done CR0 proud in making this happen - well done sir.

here's hoping this will dispel annoying diversions which seem to continually crop up and knock us off course of producing what we love at home.

©2024 Curry Recipes