Author Topic: A Big Thanks  (Read 1517 times)

Currymonster3194

A Big Thanks
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Hi guys,
Wanted to say how much I've appreciated this site in the last 2 weeks I've
Been on board.
I've looked at what must be nearly every post, and started with all of your brilliant advice on pans and stockpots.and hand blender

Then to base sauces after looking at most of them I've decided to start with CA's base which I made last night some for freezer and some for tonight's Vindaloo
I must say the base turned out spot on and can't wait to cook with it tonight

I will try to post a piccie of the vindaloo.

I've been making currys for years now and have to admit I now find Iused the wrong technique but always enjoyed the results so for your entertainment
Heres briefly what I would do

Cook 12 onions fried until soft with garlic and chillis then liquidize in kenwood chef till smooth
Then fry a general spice mix of coriander, cummin, ground from seeds in my coffee grinder I would also grind cassia and cloves and chilli  and add to the other ingredients then fry

Then add tomatoes 2 cans then add the onion mixture and boil it all up for an hour or so

Totally different to the true BIR method but it was nice :) this was enough for several portions

I am pleased to have come across this superb site and will make a donation shortly when mrs has come back off the ceiling after my spending spree on pots,pans,blenders and new Natco delivery :)

Thanks again guys.

Steve

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: A Big Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Welcome on board mate.  Glad you found us.  Looking at how you "used to" do it, there's nothing inherently wrong there and you're not a million miles aways from how BIRs do it.  You obviously got reasonable results too.  You'd be surprised at the things i tried  in order to get BIR results before i found anything written on the subject to guide me :o :o ;D  Look forward to your report and pics on your vindaloo.  Good luck.  Maybe the missus will be a little more appreciative of the expenditure when she's tucking into her curry.  Long term, look how much you're going to save by not going to the take away ;)

Currymonster3194

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Welcome on board mate.  Glad you found us.  Looking at how you "used to" do it, there's nothing inherently wrong there and you're not a million miles aways from how BIRs do it.  You obviously got reasonable results too.  You'd be surprised at the things i tried  in order to get BIR results before i found anything written on the subject to guide me :o :o ;D  Look forward to your report and pics on your vindaloo.  Good luck.  Maybe the missus will be a little more appreciative of the expenditure when she's tucking into her curry.  Long term, look how much you're going to save by not going to the take away ;)

Thanks mate that sounds like the cost justification process learnt from women  :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Thanks mate that sounds like the cost justification process learnt from women  :)

You know how they can justify anything :D. And only  a very brave or stupid man would argue ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes