Author Topic: Korma sauce  (Read 26828 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Korma sauce
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39 AM »
976bar,

Is there a specific recipe i could follow for a Kashmiri Chicken Masala please?

Thanks

Jenny

With regards to blending the sauce, I make a Kashmiri Chicken Masala which my son loves, in which I use half a chopped onion as part of the sauce.

I too would like to know more of the Kashmiri Chicken Masala.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 12:37 PM »
I too would like to know more of the Kashmiri Chicken Masala.

To hear is to obey.  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3585.msg32021
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Thanks Phil. I wonder if Jenny ever found the thread. I've read the complete thread. There is a whole new direction for me to explore.

Banana goes with a lot of things. Interestingly, a very early curry night dinner for me 30 years ago was Sri Lankan and there was a banana and coconut sambal side dish, which we still make from time to time, usually for special occasions only now. Don't know why we don't have it more as it's so simple to do and delicious with curry.

I know your a fried egg man Phil. Bacon, fried egg (runny yolk) and caramelised banana with a splash of barbecue sauce. The best breakfast sandwich possible. Sometimes I'll add a slice of soft cheddar as well.

I Pm'd JennyLou90 in case she never found the recipe.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 07:52 PM »
I know your a fried egg man Phil. Bacon, fried egg (runny yolk) and caramelised banana with a splash of barbecue sauce. The best breakfast sandwich possible. Sometimes I'll add a slice of soft cheddar as well.
Funnily enough I had a fried egg, bacon & sausage sandwich for lunch, from a delicatessen in St Austell.  Very nice sandwich, but it was only when I opened it in the car that I discovered they had not cut it -- eating an uncut and runny sandwich while driving is not easy !  But bananas, not for me I'm afraid; hate the taste, and can't even drink a smoothie if it has a trace of banana in it (my home-made mango lassies are, of course, 100% banana-free :) )

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01 PM »
So I'll take that to mean you didn't try the Kashmiri Chicken Masala, yet you'll eat snails and kidneys ;D Sausage is still acceptable on the Sanger.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 08:36 PM »
eating an uncut and runny sandwich while driving is not easy ! 

Were you on your mobile as well, Phillip?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Were you on your mobile as well, Philip?
Nokia 8310e in a Nokia CARK-132 car-kit; fully legal, and an absolute God-send in emergencies ...

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 08:47 PM »
So I'll take that to mean you didn't try the Kashmiri Chicken Masala, yet you'll eat snails and kidneys ;D Sausage is still acceptable on the Sanger.
I don't remember  ever saying that I eat snails ...  Kidneys, of course, along with almost all other internal organs, but I don't like cream in curries so the Kashmiri Chicken Masala was not for me.  I use the paste a great deal, just not Bob's recipe ...

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Sorry, Just my assumption after you made reference to removing shells from escargot in the chickpea thread. 

I've been doing some interesting research into Bassar / Basaar / Kashmiri Masala this morning.  It isn't something I've ever seen out here and I don't seem to be able to find it readily close by.  Very mysterious product.  I think I'd rather use it to the Pataks Kashmiri Paste if possible.  I have found some possibly useful information for the DIYers, such as myself, though, which I'll post in a more relevant thread.

Edit: Not available. Probably due to Mustard Oil content.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:51 PM by livo »

©2024 Curry Recipes