Author Topic: Namaskar - Welsh Back - Bristol  (Read 2264 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Namaskar - Welsh Back - Bristol
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:32 PM »
I stayed in Bristol again last night through work and went out for an evening meal with Colleagues to a new indian restaurant "Namaskar" in Welsh Back, Bristol City Centre.

The restaurant decor is lovely and I believe it used to be called, "Bar Med"???

The staff were really nice too and very helpfull...

However, it all went downhill from there...

I ordered a Lamb Tikka as a starter.. 5 lamb cubes turned up on my plate along with what I can only describe as the cheapest side salad going... some shredded red cabbage, carrot and red onion, along with a red dipping sauce of some description. The lamb Tikka was so tough, it took a great deal of time to devour...

My main course was the Chicken Chilli Masala, a "Hot" dish as described in the menu which is what I expected. The Chicken was dry, and albeit hot, was totally bland of any taste...

A Mumbai Aloo, "Bombay Aloo" in normal restaurants. The potatoes were undercooked and hard to the bite...

The Pulao Rice and Naan bread were good.....

The whole food expereince cost was as follows..

Lamb Tikka ?6.90

Chicken Chilli Masala ?9.50
Pulao Rice ?2.50
Mumbai Aloo ?4.95 (For Bombay Potatoes)
Plain Naan Bread ?1.85

Total Cost for Food ?18.80 without any drinks for a single meal.....

I would not have hesitated in paying this for a meal which I would class as up to scratch for a BIR meal, but in my mind you are paying for the decor and staff...

You could find a much better Indian meal in a backstreet restaurant in Bristol than this, unless you are looking for a glamourous restaurant and not really bothered about the food...

Offline littlebadger

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Namaskar - Welsh Back - Bristol
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:44 PM »
We are going there for our Christmas meal in November. I'll report back.

©2024 Curry Recipes