Author Topic: Birthdays.....  (Read 9324 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Birthdays.....
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 01:00 PM »
After brief research into the correct way to stretch the pizza base, I've found an easy to follow video guide on YouTube. Looks really easy...! I'm just off to the kitchen to try it... What could possibly go wrong?  ::)

Pizza dough tricks from Tony Gemignani

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 01:48 PM »
If I tried that, there would be a lot of peeps getting pizza toppings only!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Feckin show off!  ;D

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Mick, but I feel all this should be moved to another thread :)

You are very welcome mate.

I have felt a little inadequate on this forum, and feel that i have only "taken" so far. There is absolutely nothing that I can teach people on here about cooking curry.....I am only here to learn.

However, if I can share other things that I have learned food, or otherwise, i am only too happy to give something back.

And yes, i think a pizza thread would be good. 8)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58 PM »
The guys in the Indian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur that we visited some years ago made their naans in much the same way, but without the histrionics. 

** Phil.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 08:08 PM »
What could possibly go wrong?  ::)

Ummm.... Anyone got a step ladder I can borrow? My ceiling's got three pizza bases stuck to it  >:(

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13 PM »
the site is the happiest it's been so that can't be putting people off.

For one moment I hoped you were right but there's always someone or something to risk a breach of the peace, isn't there. I guess Natterjack probably can't read this, but why does he have to add such a provocative line to all his posts? i.e. not to reply to people he considers are trolls and to add them to an 'ignore' list.

Offline h4ppy-chris

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 10:41 AM »
i know this is a curry forum but i do like to make a lot of other things :)
that link you put up mick is the dogs nuts thank you very much mate.
i have pizza dough resting ATM  ;D so far it's the best i have ever made (thanks to that site!)
some of what i have read (8 hours up to now) i will adopt in to making indian flat bread.
once again thanks mick ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 10:52 AM »
I guess Natterjack probably can't read this, but why does he have to add such a provocative line to all his posts? i.e. not to reply to people he considers are trolls and to add them to an 'ignore' list.
I don't see that text, George : perhaps you have configured your preferences to show signatures -- mine are configured to conceal both signatures and avatars.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 11:30 AM »
I guess Natterjack probably can't read this, but why does he have to add such a provocative line to all his posts? i.e. not to reply to people he considers are trolls and to add them to an 'ignore' list.
I don't see that text, George : perhaps you have configured your preferences to show signatures -- mine are configured to conceal both signatures and avatars.
** Phil.

The text he's input to appear at the bottom of every post he's ever made reads:
"Don't reply to trolls just add them to your ignore list for a much happier forum browsing experience!"

It may seem harmless enough but I see it as rude, trouble-making and unhelpful.

As Jerry hoped, it would be good if everyone could get on. There are no trolls on this forum as far as i'm aware. My take is that this word applies to people who post extreme hate material such as laughing at someone's parent who's just died, or suchlike. A few people on here, including me, have been called 'trolls' for daring to make posts like this one, or for questioning the high cost of the Fleet cooking lessons and the lack of narrative or text on the related videos. That's called having an opinion. I haven't set up any preferences for what I see or don't see. It shouldn't be necessary.

©2024 Curry Recipes