Author Topic: 'Killa' Mumbai Chila  (Read 6261 times)

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 'Killa' Mumbai Chila
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:23 PM »
timeless,

Yeah, I just made some more too!!  This time with potato and onion in the middle.  I made it thinner (with a tad more water) and it was much better.  Quite filling too.  now i'm off to make some of CA's Onion Bhajis!!!

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26 PM »
natterjack,

Next time I do some I'm going to use the chutney.  Graeat idea.  I also had problems with the lumps so I just used a quick blast with the electric whisk. Boom!

As for the frying I prefer a well oiled wok! :-D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21 AM »
I was playing around with these again this morning and decided to try a few variations.

The first one I made went a little wrong in the cooking process but nonetheless tasted lovely. I added finely sliced garlic, finely sliced fresh red medium chili and chopped fresh coriander.

With the remainder of the batter mixture, I added 1 tsp onion powder and 2 tbsp tomato puree, then went on to make my second one, finely sliced red onion, finely sliced fresh red medium chili and chopped fresh coriander.

The final one, I added crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh coriander.

There seems to be no limits to the variations one could try with these and all three were really nice.

Happy Days :)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25 AM »
These look very interesting indeed, thanks for posting this DeeDee i'm certainly going to give them a go. I will report back.

No idea about the toppings im going to try yet but am instantly thinking Peshwari, Keema Peas, Sag Aloo, Gobi Aloo, ..... ahh see what you've done!  ;D

Natterjack, a useful tip for making the batter smooth is to add half the water and mix into a smooth paste, then add a little more water until the batter starts to loosen, then whisk in the remainder.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Natterjack, a useful tip for making the batter smooth is to add half the water and mix into a smooth paste, then add a little more water until the batter starts to loosen, then whisk in the remainder.

Thanks for that tip Axe. I'll try this more progressive approach next time I make them :)

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 02:20 AM »
976Bar - They look awesome, especially the second one.

Axe - I like the idea of breaking them out with different 'old favourite' fillings like sag aloo, aloo gobi etc ... Like a mini meal!  Great idea.

©2024 Curry Recipes